Medical Laboratory Technologist
Dynacare is looking for Medical Laboratory Technologist to join our Anatomical Pathology team in Brampton, Ontario. This position is a part time position, working Tuesday and Wednesday,evening shift
3 pm to 11 pm.
- Performing all aspects of Histology including grossing specimens, embedding, microtomy, routine and special staining
- Opportunity to learn job roles in Immunohistochemistry
- Ensuring sample identification is correct and specimen requirements are met according to established procedures
- Maintain patient confidentiality and accuracy of documentation
- Ensuring quality control standards are maintained and performing routine maintenance on laboratory equipment
- CMLTO Registration as a practicing Medical Laboratory Technologist in good standing
- Demonstrated proficiency with Word, Excel and Outlook at an intermediate level.
- Solid ability to troubleshoot technical issues and provide recommendations for resolution
Nice to have:
- A demonstrated ability to work independently, apply sound decision-making principles and self-manage in fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal skills required to succeed in a collaborative working environment
- Experience working in Histology an asset
DNA of an Ideal Dynacare Employee
I make a difference in people’s lives. I am a caring, collaborative team player who is passionate about quality and continuous improvement.
- Caring - I demonstrate strong empathy and genuine concern for my colleagues, patients and customers.
- Collaborative Team Player - I know I play a key role in helping the Dynacare team achieve success. I am comfortable in a changing environment, and I can easily manage multiple priorities.
- Passion for Quality and Continuous Improvement - I am always looking to learn and solve problems. I am detailed oriented, adaptable and find ways to make things better.