Character TD (Rigger) (Feature Animation)
Since 2014 DNEG’s Feature Animation division has been collaborating with filmmakers and IP owners to create high-end animated feature films. Currently in production on major animated features we are looking for new talent to join our growing team. Thriving on collaboration and the creative energy it provides, we will craft together spectacular visuals and bring to life the vision of both major Hollywood studios and independent productions! Visit our website to find out more about Feature Animation at DNEG: https://www.dneg.com/feature-animation/
Having established ourselves as a key player in Feature Animation, we rely on our talented Character TD’s to create animation rigs for characters, creatures, props and vehicles that bring an Animated story to life.
Our team use their thorough knowledge of their character specialisations to develop, test and maintain character motion and deformation set ups. Working closely with our Modelling team, Rigging Supervisors and Animation Leads/Supervisors, our Character TDs help to develop new techniques to create better and more efficient rigs to streamline the production process.
From time to time it may be a requirement to implement proprietary tools to aid in the creation of animation rigs. You’ll be experienced enough to anticipate and communicate any pipeline issues and ensure adherence to the Feature Animation production pipeline protocols.
- Proven years of experience with major character or creature projects
- Thorough knowledge of your area of character specialisation (body anatomy, facial expression, object orientated scripting, tool management)
- Experience collaborating with Animation to develop intuitive motion systems and character deformation
- Full working knowledge of Maya with elemental scripting skills using Python or Mel
- Strong visual and artistic skills, and must be comfortable with the technical aspects of character/creature work where appropriate
- Familiarity with pipeline issues and a big character/creature heavy post-production environment
Nice to Have
- Programming/scripting skills (Python, Maya aPI, C++) for module and tool development
- Cloth Simulation experience using nCloth, Houdini or similar
- Experience in Unreal Engine or other real-time rendering softwares
- Team oriented.
- Works well without constant supervision
- Proactive and a good communicator
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Adaptable at handling different tasks and expectations
- Good attention to detail
- Resourceful and a good problem solver
We are DNEG, one of the world's leading visual effects, animation and stereo conversion companies for feature film and television, with studios in London, Vancouver, Mumbai, Los Angeles, Chennai, Montréal, Chandigarh, Hyderabad and Goa.