PLEASE NOTE: We are accepting speculative applications only.
We do not currently have openings available for the position of FX Artist, however, we are accepting speculative applications.
If you would like to be considered for future opportunities, please submit an application. We will keep your details on our database
and contact you when a position becomes available, should you have the required skills and experience which match this position.FX TDs at DNEG gather a variety of 3D assets produced by our Build, Layout and Animation departments and use off the shelf software – primarily Houdini but also Maya - and custom pipeline tools to create particle, rigid body, fluid, cloth, fur and hair simulations.
- Minimum 3 years of high-end feature film VFX experience
- Proven experience in producing effects such as smoke, fire, clouds, water, steam and explosions, plus experience with particle and voxel based rendering
- An eye for details, good sense of timing, and thorough understanding of techniques and technologies relating to physical simulation in computer graphics
- Experience in live action FX work
- Extensive knowledge of Houdini
- Familiarity with pipeline issues and problem solving
- Familiarity with at least one node based compositing application (Nuke preferred), and a solid understanding of the compositing process
Nice to Have
- Experience in other areas of visual effects (TV, Games) will also be taken into account
- A good general TD background
- Maya, Python, Hscript or Mel knowledge
- Strong understanding of Linux/Unix based operating systems
- Organised, pro-active and a self-starter
- A team player and clear communicator, and a keenness for collaboration
- Adaptable and with a willingness to learn new skills and techniques – including proprietary software
- Calm under pressure and committed to meet production deadlines
- A positive, can-do attitude
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading visual effects and animation companies for the creation of award-winning feature film, television, and multiplatform content. We employ more than 10,000 people with worldwide offices and studios across North America (Los Angeles, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver), Europe (London), Asia (Bangalore, Mohali, Chennai, Mumbai) and Australia (Sydney).