Creature TD - Rigging
Creature TDs at DNEG are integral to the development of animation and simulation rigs for creatures, digital doubles, vehicles, props and the subsequent simulations. You will find technical and creative solutions to develop high quality rigs and simulations according to the needs of the production.
- Minimum of 2 years experience on feature films
- Thorough knowledge of an area of creature specialisation and a broad understanding of the other areas, which include rigging and enveloping in Maya, cloth, hair, flesh and crowd simulations.
- Full working knowledge of Maya
- Be comfortable with the more technical aspects of creature work where appropriate
- Have strong visual and artistic skills
- Familiarity with pipeline issues and a typical creature heavy post production environment
- Programming or scripting skills (e.g. Python, Mel), depending on the area of specialisation
- An interest in anatomy, tailoring, grooming or mechanics depending on your area of specialisation
- Houdini Creature FX set-ups and simulation
- A good General TD background
- Strong understanding of Linux/Unix based operating systems
- Organised, pro-active and a self-starter
- A team player and clear communicator, and a keenness for collaboration
- Adaptable and with a willingness to learn new skills and techniques – including proprietary software
- Calm under pressure and committed to meet production deadlines
- A positive, can-do attitude
We are DNEG, one of the world's leading visual effects, animation and stereo conversion companies for feature film and television, with studios in London, Vancouver, Mumbai, Los Angeles, Chennai, Montréal, Chandigarh, Hyderabad and Goa.