About Your Role
As a QA Engineer, you will create test plans and advocate best practices in building high quality, new features with a team of product managers, designers and other developers. You will be quick to identify high impact areas to focus testing efforts and build out test automation coverage; this will require you to advocate and evangelize QA best practices.
You will work on improving the predictability and reliability of our frequent production deployments and help the team continue to progress towards continuous delivery. You will strive to drive use of Open Source technologies and share latest tools and trends across the sprint teams. You will be a great communicator who can articulate risks to different stakeholders.
About Your Contributions
- A passion for developing quality oriented frameworks and software, ensuring great code quality
- Works on complex projects that cover a wide range of technologies and interdependencies between platforms requiring analytical skills and critical thinking ensuring quality of the overall software.
- You will help deploy the highest quality product to help us achieve better user engagement and as a tester you get to provide first feedback to the Product managers.
- You have proved yourself adept at multi-project management in an agile organization and thrive in challenging, fast-paced environments.
- 3+ years experience in testing of large-scale complex enterprise level application using web technologies.
- Experience with open source test automation tools like Selenium/Protractor and other open source test frameworks and experience with test automation harnesses like Junit.
- Experience testing RESTful web services.
- Strong knowledge of any one of these languages Java/ Java script or Python.
- Experience with any of the scripting languages like Python, Shell or PERL.
- BS/BA Computer Science or Related Field
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, TripSavvy and ThoughtCo.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.