Life Insurance Writer, Performance Marketing
Investopedia is looking for experienced writers to create life insurance company reviews and roundups using criteria and data we supply, as well as your own research. As a life insurance review writer, you will help us create unbiased and trustworthy recommendations to guide consumers in one of the most important financial decisions they may make. These articles will be between 2,000 and 3,500 words, and pay is competitive.
You will work closely with Investopedia’s editorial team to submit copy with source notes, refine edits as needed to align with our brands’ voice and style, and submit monthly invoices.
Investopedia already has one of the most comprehensive libraries of life insurance reviews on the internet. We’re looking to make them even better with new research and an even more robust methodology. You will help ensure we publish the most informative, accurate, unbiased, and transparent information about buying and using life insurance, reinforcing Investopedia’s brand as a pillar of service journalism.
As a finance publisher that reaches 16 million people each month, Investopedia has the power and responsibility to create positive change. Please read our Anti-Racism Pledge as part of considering your interest in this role.
About Your Contributions:
- Write unbiased, factual reviews using data we have collected, as well as research you do on your own.
- Use primary sources for all research and provide those sources when you turn copy in.
- Go beyond product descriptions, using competitor analysis to come up with a point of view that can help consumers make a choice.
- In some cases, provide educational copy to help consumers better understand life insurance products and how to choose a carrier.
- Write 4-12 pieces monthly, though assignment volumes vary as needed.
- 3+ years of work experience writing/explaining life insurance, ideally to a layperson audience
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills and attention to detail
- Commitment to writing accurate, clean copy with original sources
- Experience writing product reviews
- Firm grasp of SEO best practices and how they factor into quality content
- Nice to have, but not required: experience working in the life insurance industry
If you’re interested and think you may be a fit, please submit your resume and 2 or 3 writing samples of content similar to what we’re looking to publish.
The Company participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here: https://www.e-verify.gov/employees