Content Operations Director
About Your Role
As Content Operations Director for
This role includes oversight of Dotdash’s massive editorial and visual improvement teams. Lead a dream team including our Managing Editor, SEO Project Manager, and Visual Asset Team Manager and their hundred plus freelancers. Collaborate with editorial, SEO and product teams to operationalize our content improvement teams.
This role is all about scale, quality, process refinement, and agility. You will make a huge impact on our content quality which in turn helps millions of visitors each day solve problems or learn something new. This role reports to the VP of Growth at
About Your Contributions
- Implement operational improvement into a growing, multi-disciplined team of editors, photographers, graphic artists, and fact checkers.
- Work closely with our engineering teams who build custom, bespoke process workflow and analytics software to empower your team.
- Coordinate with decision-makers and leaders in the organization who want to run scaled, efficient projects through your team.
- Develop new team skills and roles as we push to make our websites the absolute best on the web.
- Champion new use cases for our workflow software to help solve challenges.
- Works closely with GM’s of each property in strategy, prioritization, dependencies
- Create comprehensive,
enterprise-wisevisibility for the strategy, people, processes, technology and measurement that contribute to improved content lifecycle management.
- Oversee content measurement and KPIs including the design and operation of relevant, synthesized dashboards, reports and analyses.
- Conduct monthly content inventory and curation updates to central repositories.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 8+ years of work experience including management and operational roles
- Exceptional leadership skills
- The hustle and critical thinking skills to drive process improvements daily
- Strong editorial skills and
keensense of what content works well online
- Excellent project management skills, attention to detail, ability to multi-task, excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Ideally a solid understanding of current SEO best practices
- A willingness to embrace change and to adapt strategies on the fly
- Be incredibly proactive!
Dotdashencourages inquisitive natures, strong problem-solving skills and desireto seek and propose improvements, solutions andprocesses.
- Change management and influence, relationship building experience at all levels.
- Budget management experience for multi-million dollar P&L
For more than 20 years,