Personal Finance Content Update Editor
The Balance family of brands, including The Balance, The Balance Careers, and The Balance Small Business, deliver clear, practical, and straightforward personal financial advice to nearly 21 million people in the U.S. each month.
About Your Role:
The Balance is looking for a remote editor to join our growing team. As an editor, you will revise and augment existing articles to improve the user experience and drive additional traffic. This is a remote position, but applicants must live within the United States and be able to commit at least 20 hours per week (with a maximum weekly commitment of 40 hours). The successful candidate must provide clips that demonstrate their expertise with relevant subject matter. The rate is $30 per hour.
About Your Contributions:
- Review existing articles on a wide variety of topics and revise content in accordance with project instructions
- Identify and update outdated material, including noting where visuals or videos are outdated or no longer accurate
- Identify opportunities to proactively improve content by restructuring, strengthening sourcing, incorporating visual elements, and more
- At least two years experience writing or editing in the business and finance sectors (ideally consumer-friendly, actionable articles)
- Extensive knowledge of one or more of the following: human resources/hiring/resume-writing, small business financing/marketing, real estate, debt management, paying for college (before and after), portfolio diversification, dividend investing, and value investing
- Comfortable with content management systems
- Detail-oriented, deadline-focused, and independent
- Experience as a financial adviser, banker, mortgage broker, or similar profession a major plus
- Bachelor’s degree required; Advanced degree a plus
- Relevant professional certifications (CFA, CPA, CMT) also a plus
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Byrdie, MyDomaine, Brides, Liquor.com, and ThoughtCo.
Please be aware of fraudulent recruiters offering opportunities at Dotdash. Note that any correspondence with a member of the Dotdash recruiting team will come from a @dotdash.com or a firstname.lastname@example.org account belonging to a Dotdash Recruiter. If you are in conversations for a job opportunity and wish to confirm its validity, please reach out directly to email@example.com.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.