Updates Strategist, Finance Performance Marketing
About Your Role:
The finance group at Dotdash Meredith is looking for a content brief writer with a strong editorial background and a good grasp of SEO best practices. In this contract, remote role, you’ll work closely with our editorial and growth teams to provide smart guidance to editors working on investing and insurance content. We are looking for a digitally savvy candidate with a passion for financial services and insurance to help readers create their best financial future. This is a remote position, but applicants must live within the United States and be able to commit between 20 to 40 hours per week. The rate is $32 per hour.
About Your Contributions:
- Analyzing keywords and creating content outlines with SEO and editorial best practices in mind.
- Maintaining strong relationships and daily communication with editorial and SEO staff, and freelance writers.
- At least two years experience writing or editing in finance sectors (ideally consumer-friendly, actionable articles)
- Understand SEO best practices and have a strong editorial instinct and confidence around what makes an article successful
- Pro at competitive research—and love doing it
- A plus if you have used SEMrush or Ahrefs
- Detail-oriented, deadline-focused, and independent
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree a plus
- Relevant professional certifications (CFA, CPA, CMT) also a plus
Dotdash Meredith is the largest digital and print publisher in America. From mobile to magazines, nearly 200 million people trust us to help them make decisions, take action, and find inspiration. Dotdash Meredith’s over 40 iconic brands include PEOPLE, Better Homes & Gardens, Verywell, Food & Wine, The Spruce, Allrecipes, Byrdie, REAL SIMPLE, Investopedia, and Southern Living.
Dotdash Meredith embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The Company requires employees entering its workplaces, performing work offsite, or attending a company sponsored event to verify and provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination. The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.