QA Specialist, Global
Cronos Group is an innovative global cannabinoid company with international production and distribution across five continents. Cronos Group is committed to building disruptive intellectual property by advancing cannabis research, technology and product development. With a passion to responsibly elevate the consumer experience, Cronos Group is building an iconic brand portfolio. Cronos Group’s portfolio includes PEACE NATURALS™, a global health and wellness platform, adult-use brands Spinach™, and two hemp-derived CBD brands, Lord Jones™ and Happy Dance™.
As a QA Specialist (Remote) you will work within the Quality Assurance department to support product release in the Canada and US markets. The QA Specialist completes tasks related to monitoring, testing, reporting, and ensuring quality of cannabis product and processes with the Company’s Quality Management System (QMS). This position supports in the area of batch record review, supplier quality, customer complaints, internal and external audits, compliance requirements, metrics and reporting, and maintaining the QMS and applicable governing regulations throughout the Company.
What you’ll be doing:
- Maintain compliance with the laws and regulations related to cannabis products released to Canada and US markets
- Develop and execute procedures and processes to support Quality Management System
- Support problem solving teams using quality principals and tools for root cause analysis, corrective actions, verification and effectiveness
- Conduct complaint and deviation investigations, and ensure appropriate Corrective Action and Preventative Action (CAPA) are implemented and closed in a timely manner
- Work with other cross functional groups to review and assess change controls
- Conduct review and support activities related to QA records including but not limited to deviations, CAPAs, batch record review, label approvals, and other related Quality Management Systems (QMS).
- Liaise with external suppliers and contract manufacturing organizations and review supplier documentation to ensure Quality and Company requirements are met and maintained.
- Support logistics of product recalls and product returns
- Support government inspections and customer audits
- Participate and facilitate in internal QMS and supplier audits and generate reports
- Author HACCP and Preventive Control Plans
- Conduct QA activities related to export of cannabis
- Participate in process risk assessment activity such as material risk review and FMEA
- Participate in review of global QMS metrics, reporting and trend analysis and help to establish corrective action plans
- Responsible for continual improvement activities to enhance the quality system, such as 5S, kaizen lean methods, etc.
- Complete and prepare appropriate documentation as required i.e., reports, authoring SOPs, and Work Instructions
- Support Quality Systems team with external suppliers and contract manufacturing organizations to ensure Quality and Company requirements are met and maintained, review engineering protocols and equipment/process qualifications and validations where needed.
- Perform other job duties as assigned
- Working Conditions, environment & Physical Demands
- Some overtime may be required
- Work from home position
- Travel may be required as needed
- Bachelor of Science or equivalent
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar position
- Knowledge of HACCP and Preventive Control Plan principles
- Intermediate knowledge of Health Canada Cannabis Regulations, U.S. Food and Drug Administration Good Manufacturing Practices, and Food and Drugs Act and Regulations
- Working knowledge of edible cannabis safety
- Good understanding of the relationship between Good Manufacturing Practices, Good Production Practices, industry standards and their application to the manufacturing process
- Computer literacy to include knowledge of Microsoft Word, Access, SharePoint, Visio and Excel
- Problem solving, project management and effective communication skills
- Background in developing and maintaining Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Quality metrics
- Experience with the use of statistical analysis software is considered an asset
- Communicate effectively in person and in emails
- Critical thinking skills
- Detail oriented
- Work alone and in a team setting
- ASQ certification is not required but considered an asset
- Experience in the cannabis space is beneficial but not required