Senior Financial Analyst, Financial Reporting
Cronos Group is an innovative global cannabinoid company with international production and distribution across five continents. Cronos Group is committed to building disruptive intellectual property by advancing cannabis research, technology and product development. With a passion to responsibly elevate the consumer experience, Cronos Group is building an iconic brand portfolio. Cronos Group’s portfolio includes PEACE NATURALS™, a global health and wellness platform, two adult-use brands, COVE™ and Spinach™, and two hemp-derived CBD brands, Lord Jones™ and Happy Dance™.
At Cronos Group, we hire talented people who thrive on solving difficult problems and give them the opportunity to hone new skills and approaches. If you want to play a part in shaping an innovative industry and help build a historically significant company, we want to meet you.
If you are a self-motivated, goal-oriented individual who is able to work under very tight deadlines with a strong attention to detail, then this is the job for you! As the Senior Financial Analyst you will be working within the Finance Department and report to the Senior Director, Financial Reporting. You will be responsible for the US GAAP Financial Statements and related MD&A disclosures in a publicly traded environment. In addition, you will be responsible for the preparation of the Internal Reporting to the senior leadership team. The ideal candidate is energetic, collaborative and forward- thinking.
This position is based out of downtown Toronto, Ontario or US Remote.
What you’ll be doing:
- Prepare financial statements and note disclosures for the quarterly and annual financial statements required for external reporting, as directed by the Senior Manager, Financial Reporting
- Prepare disclosures and supporting schedules for Management’s Discussion & Analysis as directed by the Senior Manager, Financial Reporting
- Key user of our Financial Reporting Platform, OneStream, to perform the Consolidation of results and adjusting and eliminating entries in our consolidation as necessary.
- Work to process, improve and automate financial statement disclosures and processes while maintaining strict internal controls framework
- Work with Operational Finance Teams to understand and explain results to Senior Management and Board of Directors
- Be a key point of contact with the auditors and provide explanations and key documentation
- Work with Technical accounting team to implement new financial reporting standards and to write technical memorandums as required by US GAAP
- Work with Technical accounting team to assess impacts on financial reporting processes and internal controls, as well as changes to business metrics resulting from new accounting standards
- Be a source within Cronos for all technical accounting questions for issues that may arise from any aspect of the Business
- Assist in the preparation of Monthly Management Reporting to the Senior Leadership Team
- Build and maintain accounting policies for the Finance Team
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
- CPA, CA or U.S. CPA Designation
- Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP and/or knowledge of IFRS, including technical accounting and reporting requirements
- Solid technical skills, with a minimum of 3 years of financial/corporate accounting experience, including auditing public companies (preferably US GAAP reporting)
- Experience with external financial reporting of publicly traded companies (both US and Canadian markets preferred but not required)
- Ability to assess processes and systems to identify key control activities and identify and implement improvements to drive efficiencies
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Knowledge of OneStream/HRM or similar Financial Reporting Tool
- Hands-on team player, able to interact professionally with all levels including staff outside of the Finance group and external auditors
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to collaborate with a broader finance team, implement significant initiatives and drive toward exceptional performance
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- An effective communicator with strong verbal and written skills
- Ability to work well under pressure, change and ambiguity
- Displays integrity and is accountable for actions and statements
We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment, and we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities and people with diverse backgrounds, identities, and cultures. For candidates with disabilities, accommodations are available upon request in all phases of the selection process.#LI-MB1