Facility Maintenance Engineer
Cronos Group is an innovative global cannabinoid company with international production and distribution across five continents. Cronos Group is committed to building disruptive intellectual property by advancing cannabis research, technology and product development. With a passion to responsibly elevate the consumer experience, Cronos Group is building an iconic brand portfolio. Cronos Group’s portfolio includes PEACE NATURALS™, a global health and wellness platform, two adult-use brands, COVE™ and Spinach™, and two hemp-derived CBD brands, Lord Jones™ and Happy Dance™.
At Cronos Group, we hire talented people who thrive on solving difficult problems and give them the opportunity to hone new skills and approaches. If you want to play a part in shaping an innovative industry and help build a historically significant company, we want to meet you.
If you love problem solving, communicate well with others and strive for efficiency and organization, then this is the job for you! As the Facility Maintenance Engineer, you will be supporting the operations department by working with a cross functional team to design and execute critical operational projects and solutions. The position will plan and execute facility refurbishment and capital projects, from budgetary stage to final execution. Further, the position will include direct interface with the maintenance group to support all site projects and ongoing maintenance requirements. The ideal candidate is energetic, collaborative, and forward- thinking.
This position is based out of Stayner, ON
What you’ll be doing:
- Support the identification and prioritization for infrastructure enhancements to ensure that technical solutions are consistent with service and technology lifecycle management including refurbishment. This includes the development of all areas of capital budget refurbishment projects for ongoing short- and long-term maintenance requirements.
- Developing preliminary design, engineering specifications and standards for facility processes
- Ensure all annual certifications, licensing is completed as per all local, provincial, and federal requirements, including MOEE and MOL.
- Coordinating with internal & external stakeholders in planning and executing project tasks.
- Proactively analyze procedures and change control requirements to reflect accurate process executions, consistent with a highly regulated industry.
- Apply engineering tools to analyze and solve problems such as FMEA, 6 sigma, SPC, Constraint management and other lean applications to improve productivity.
- Work directly with Maintenance on proper maintenance operating procedures, such as preventive maintenance tracking, corrective analysis, and spare parts inventories. Continue to develop a predictive maintenance system to improve productivity.
- Assist in the scheduling of maintenance for all routine and non-routine requirements.
- Participate in Plant Energy team and drive cost efficiencies with Hydro 1 programs including Peak Shave and demand response.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your Environment: (for production specific roles only)
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate in an open and authentic manner in all situations.
- Office based role, with expectation to spend time in and around the site and facility during project implementation or project management as required.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Knowledge of applicable codes, policies, standards, and best practices
- Experience with engineering software solutions and project management
- Ability and desire to assume multi-disciplined engineering problems and solutions including civil, industrial, electrical, mechanical, and chemical engineering.
- Proficiency in SAP an asset for PM, Procurement, and other SAP components
- Experience with general manufacturing facility sustainability requirements.
- Experience in Greenhouse or Grow requirements an asset, including HVAC and highly advanced environmentally controls.
- Experienced in the use of AutoCAD.