Software Engineer - Developer Productivity
Join our elite team as a Software Engineer - Developer Productivity
When was the last time you bragged about where you work? At CARFAX, we do it every day. Why? Because we’re proud to work for a company with a strong mission and trusted brand. We’re proud to work with people who care about what they do and work hard every day to deliver their best. We’ve created the type of company culture where the term, “work- hard play- hard” isn’t just a catchy saying, it’s part of the #CARFAXdifference!
As a Software Engineer - Developer Productivity you will be a part of the Platform Engineering Development team. The Platform Engineering Development team has full responsibility for our online presence, and that is a very big deal.
As a Software Engineer - Developer Productivity you will:
- Work in a dynamic, agile, team environment developing awesome new applications
- Participate in design decisions, including new technology research and prototyping
- Collaborate closely with AWS engineers, architects, cloud engineers, support teams and other stakeholders
- Design, Build, Operate and Maintain Tools and Systems that help Developers ship user stories
- Innovate new ideas to evolve our applications and processes
- Be responsive to operational concerns and the pain points in the developer experience
- Continuously analyze and evaluate our systems, products, and processes for potential improvements
To be considered for this role, you will need:
- A passion for constantly improving the developer experience
- Hands-on experience building and supporting CI/CD pipelines leveraging a tool such as Jenkins or GitLab
- Experience with AWS product offerings (e.g. EC2, VPCs, Lambda, API Gateway, etc.) or their equivalent on other cloud providers
- Experience with Linux Containers and their runtime environments like Kubernetes (esp AWS EKS), AWS ECS, AWS Lambda or equivalent
- Experience with the AWS Console, CLI and SDK or equivalent on other cloud providers
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code using Terraform, CDK, CloudFormation or equivalent
- Have a broad set of technology skills - DEVSECOPS - Development, Security and Operations
- Hands-on experience with Cloud Platforms and Architecture
- Advanced experience in troubleshooting techniques
- Knowledge of security and performance best practices for cloud architectures.
CARFAX, part of S&P Global Mobility, helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, service and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, CARFAX Car Care, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX® Vehicle History Report™ to consumers and the automotive industry. CARFAX owns the world’s largest vehicle history database and is nationally recognized as a top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Shop, Buy, Service, Sell – Show me the CARFAX™. S&P Global Mobility is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI). S&P Global is the world’s foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks, analytics and workflow solutions in the global capital, commodity and automotive markets.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.