Financial Planning and Analysis Manager
Join Team CARFAX as a Financial Planning and Analysis Manager
Isn't it time you bragged about where you work? At CARFAX, we do, every day. We pride ourselves on being mission-focused on helping to grow a brand built on accuracy and integrity. We care deeply about our products and our customers. We’re more than just a company: We help millions of consumers make more-informed decisions every day. We know that our teammates are our most valuable asset, and we value a balanced life while tackling challenging projects in a fast-paced environment. One last thing: Our four-day week continues in Summer 2023!
CARFAX is seeking an experienced Financial Planning and Analysis Manager to join our FP&A team. This position will work closely with the Director, FP&A to build financial metrics that will allow the business to make strategic and data driven decisions. This person will support the annual budget and quarterly forecasting processes, monthly financial reporting, and provide insights and analytics around business performance. This position will serve as a key financial business partner to leaders throughout the company. Our ideal candidate is a critical thinker, analytical problem solver, naturally curious, entrepreneurial, performance driven and has the ability to tell a story with data.
This role has an expectation of 3 days in the office per week, subject to change based on future business needs.
What you’ll be doing:
- Support business partners in identifying key metrics that tie back to financial performance
- Create ad-hoc analyses to drive business decisions, improve efficiency, and maximize ROI
- Identify cost savings opportunities and work with the business to execute them
- Work with large data sets to gain insights to financial performance; tell a story with data
- Support the process for developing forecasts, budgets and long-term plans based on trends, sales and marketing input and interaction with cross-functional business partners
- Prepare monthly financial reporting for management
- Continuously look for ways to improve processes; streamline budget and forecast cycles
- Work closely with Accounting during month end, summarize performance, and determine how results will impact future forecasts
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum 7 years of experience in a financial analytics role
- Experience partnering with cross-functional business leaders
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Advanced Excel skills required with experience performing in-depth business analytics and building financial models
- A strong understanding of the P&L with the ability to make a correlation between business/client decisions and P&L impacts
- Knowledge of a visualization tool such as COGNOS or Tableau
- Ability to track and prioritize multiple simultaneous tasks
- Excellent written/oral communication skills
- B.S. in business, finance, data analytics or related field
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive compensation, benefits and generous time-off policies
- 4-Day summer work weeks and a winter holiday break
- 401(k) / DCPP matching
- Annual bonus program
- Casual, dog-friendly, and innovative office spaces
Don’t just take our word for it:
- 10X Virginia Business Best Places to Work
- 9X Washingtonian Great Places to Work
- 9X Washington Post Top Workplace
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch Best Places to Work
CARFAX, part of S&P Global Mobility, helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, service and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, CARFAX Car Care, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX® Vehicle History Report™ to consumers and the automotive industry. CARFAX owns the world’s largest vehicle history database and is nationally recognized as a top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Shop, Buy, Service, Sell – Show me the CARFAX™. S&P Global Mobility is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI). S&P Global is the world’s foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks, analytics and workflow solutions in the global capital, commodity and automotive markets.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.