Accounts Receivable Specialist
Join our winning team as an Accounts Receivable Specialist
Isn't it time you bragged about where you work? At CARFAX, we do, every day. We pride ourselves on being mission-focused on helping to grow a brand built on accuracy and integrity. We care deeply about our products and our customers. We’re more than just a company: We help millions of consumers make more-informed decisions every day. We know that our teammates are our most valuable asset, and we value a balanced life while tackling challenging projects in a fast-paced environment. One last thing: Our four-day week continues in Summer 2023!
We are looking for a detail-oriented individual with strong organizational skills to join our team as the Accounts Receivable Specialist. In this role, you will contribute to the trusted CARFAX brand by supporting our internal and external customers with a variety of accounting functions, including escalated billing issues, payment application and research, and account reconciliation. This position reports to the Accounts Receivable Manager.
What you'll be doing:
- Collaborate with internal and external business partners to ensure timely resolution of account issues
- Perform analysis of the Accounts Receivable Aging to identify trends
- Proactively address account issues with a sense of urgency
- Oversee case queues related to internal and external customer inquiries and escalations
- Process high volume payment application through manual and automated processes
- Use problem-solving and multitasking skills to quickly identify and resolve account issues while meeting department goals
- Collaborate with a team of enthusiastic professionals to minimize aging / bad debt.
- Perform complex collections activities on outstanding customer accounts
- Identify and implement process improvements
What we're looking for:
- Accounts Receivable experience and demonstrated success with account reconciliation and reporting
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field preferred
- Experience using Netsuite and SalesForce preferred
- Microsoft Office skills; including advanced spreadsheet (Excel) skills: must be familiar with pivot tables, advanced formulas, and data analysis tools
- Ability to be self- directed, detail-oriented, customer-focused, organized, and able to work in a team-oriented environment
- Strong research, analytical, and reporting skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of general accounting principles, regulatory standards and compliance requirements
Don’t just take our word for it:
- 10X Virginia Business Best Places to Work
- 9X Washingtonian Great Places to Work
- 9X Washington Post Top Workplace
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch Best Places to Work
CARFAX, part of S&P Global Mobility, helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, service and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, CARFAX Car Care, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX® Vehicle History Report™ to consumers and the automotive industry. CARFAX owns the world’s largest vehicle history database and is nationally recognized as a top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Shop, Buy, Service, Sell – Show me the CARFAX™. S&P Global Mobility is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI). S&P Global is the world’s foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks, analytics and workflow solutions in the global capital, commodity and automotive markets.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.