Software Engineer - Back End
Join Team CARFAX as a Software Engineer - Back End
Isn't it time you bragged about where you work? At CARFAX, we do, every day. We pride ourselves on being mission-focused on helping to grow a brand built on accuracy and integrity. We care deeply about our products and our customers. We’re more than just a company: We help millions of consumers make more-informed decisions every day. We know that our teammates are our most valuable asset, and we value a balanced life while tackling challenging projects in a fast-paced environment. One last thing: Our four-day week continues in Summer 2023!
What makes our Tech Culture Amazing?
We’re passionate about having a creative and innovative environment where our developers collaborate and continuously learn and grow. Autonomy is a key pillar of our tech culture. Our developers have the freedom to bring new tools, frameworks, and ideas to the table knowing their voice will be heard. We’re not afraid of trying new things; if the case is made for a new technology or approach, our developers know it will be tried.
What makes our development environment unique:
- Hands-on Learning
- Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Pair Programming
- Agile Methodologies
- Time provided for self-directed professional development.
This role has an expectation of 2 days in the office per week, subject to change based on future business needs.
- Work in a team environment using Agile practices
- Develop high performing data streams and APIs to guarantee fast and accurate delivery
- Utilize test driven, paired programming and continuous integration development methods
- Constantly be exposed to new technologies to learn and grow your skills
- Object Oriented Programming (3+ years)
- Hands-on coding in Java and Node.js
- Microservices architectural pattern
- Cloud based technologies
- Git and branching strategies
- Working and collaborating with remote teams
- Knowledge of coding best practices for security and performance
- Ambition, passion, and drive to learn and bring new technologies to solve the problem and create new products
- Jenkins and/or bitrise
- Continuous Integration / Delivery
- Agile software development including Test Driven Development and Pair Programming.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive compensation, benefits and generous time-off policies
- 4-Day summer work weeks and a winter holiday break
- 401(k) / RRSP matching
- Annual bonus program
- Casual, dog-friendly, and innovative office spaces
Don’t just take our word for it:
- 10X Virginia Business Best Places to Work
- 9X Washingtonian Great Places to Work
CARFAX, part of S&P Global Mobility, helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, service and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, CARFAX Car Care, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX® Vehicle History Report™ to consumers and the automotive industry. CARFAX owns the world’s largest vehicle history database and is nationally recognized as a top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Shop, Buy, Service, Sell – Show me the CARFAX™. S&P Global Mobility is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI). S&P Global is the world’s foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks, analytics and workflow solutions in the global capital, commodity and automotive markets.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.