Enterprise Administrator - 3 Month Contract Position
Join Team CARFAX as a Enterprise Administrator - 3 Month Contract Position
Isn't it time you bragged about where you work? At CARFAX, we do, every day. We pride ourselves on being mission-focused on helping to grow a brand built on accuracy and integrity. We care deeply about our products and our customers. We’re more than just a company: We help millions of consumers make more-informed decisions every day. We know that our teammates are our most valuable asset, and we value a balanced life while tackling challenging projects in a fast-paced environment. One last thing: Our four-day week continues in Summer 2023!
What makes our Tech Culture Amazing?
We’re passionate about having a creative and innovative environment where our developers collaborate and continuously learn and grow. Autonomy is a key pillar of our tech culture. Our developers have the freedom to bring new tools, frameworks, and ideas to the table knowing their voice will be heard. We’re not afraid of trying new things; if the case is made for a new technology or approach, our developers know it will be tried.
We are looking for someone with Enterprise Administration and OKTA skills to assist our current in-house team with a couple projects including a conversion of the entire company to a Role Based Access Control standard. Being able to effectively communicate and work with other departments and groups is vital. The candidate should be able to get up to speed on our environment quickly and be able to accomplish assigned tasks with minimal oversight.
This role has an expectation of 3 days in the office per week, subject to change based on future business needs.
What you’ll be doing:
This position will need to have a thorough understanding of Microsoft Active Directory group structure, how users are moved in and out of access groups, and the ramifications of doing so. They will need to interact with the OKTA admin console to align groups with appropriate access. They should be able to handle complex technical troubleshooting and work under pressure. They will be tasked with:
- Learning our specific authentication environment
- Become part of the team that is converting the company to RBAC
- Taking ownership of conversion tasks and communicating with assigned points of contact and the rest of the RBAC team
- Creating role based groups following the naming convention outlined in our project documentation
- Changing group membership to follow new roles and conform to least privilege principals
- Interact with our OKTA Environment when access changes are necessary
- Maintain detailed documentation of all changes
- Cross train with other members of the team
What we’re looking for:
- Work closely with team members and independently
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interact and collaborate with end users
- In-depth knowledge of Active Directory and surrounding technologies
- In-depth knowledge of OKTA
- General networking knowledge
- AWS/other cloud platform experience is beneficial
- 5 years of Domain Administration experience
- Candidate should be certified in modern Windows Server architectures
- PowerShell certification or evidence of having taken a course is a plus
CARFAX, part of S&P Global Mobility, helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, service and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, CARFAX Car Care, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX® Vehicle History Report™ to consumers and the automotive industry. CARFAX owns the world’s largest vehicle history database and is nationally recognized as a top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Shop, Buy, Service, Sell – Show me the CARFAX™. S&P Global Mobility is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI). S&P Global is the world’s foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks, analytics and workflow solutions in the global capital, commodity and automotive markets.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.