Back End Developer
Join Team CARFAX as a Software Engineer - Data Technologies
Isn't it time you bragged about where you work? At CARFAX, we do, every day. We pride ourselves on being mission-focused on helping to grow a brand built on accuracy and integrity. We care deeply about our products and our customers. We’re more than just a company: We help millions of consumers make more-informed decisions every day. We know that our teammates are our most valuable asset, and we value a balanced life while tackling challenging projects in a fast-paced environment. One last thing: Our four-day week continues in Summer 2023!
The Data Technologies team is responsible for transforming all incoming data to build the most comprehensive vehicle history reports possible. Their mission is simple: “Any data from any source in any format transformed into valuable information customers trust in the shortest time possible at a reasonable cost.” If you’re passionate about data and analytics and love the idea of working with others who share your passion, you’ll feel right at home as a software engineer on the Data Technologies team!
This role has an expectation of 3 days in the office per week, subject to change based on future business needs.
What you'll be doing:
- Work in a team environment using Agile practices
- Develop high performing data streams and APIs to guarantee fast and accurate delivery
- Utilize test driven, paired programming and continuous integration development methods
- Constantly be exposed to new technologies to learn and grow your skills
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years of experience with Object Oriented Programming
- Big data/Hadoop/Spark
- Containerization, microservices, Spring
- Cloud based technologies
- Ambition, passion, and drive to learn and bring new technologies to solve the problem and create new products
- Excellent command/highly proficient in spoken English
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive compensation, benefits and generous time-off policies
- 4-Day summer work weeks and a winter holiday break
- 401(k) / RRSP matching
- Annual bonus program
- Casual, dog-friendly, and innovative office spaces
Don’t just take our word for it:
- 10X Virginia Business Best Places to Work
- 9X Washingtonian Great Places to Work
- 9X Washington Post Top Workplace
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch Best Places to Work
CARFAX, part of S&P Global Mobility, helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, service and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, CARFAX Car Care, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX® Vehicle History Report™ to consumers and the automotive industry. CARFAX owns the world’s largest vehicle history database and is nationally recognized as a top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Shop, Buy, Service, Sell – Show me the CARFAX™. S&P Global Mobility is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI). S&P Global is the world’s foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks, analytics and workflow solutions in the global capital, commodity and automotive markets.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.