Software Engineer - Full Stack
Join our Team CARFAX as an Software Engineer - Full Stack
When was the last time you bragged about where you work? At CARFAX, we do it every day. Why? Because we’re proud to work for a company with a strong mission and trusted brand. We’re proud to work with people who care about what they do and work hard every day to deliver their best.
What makes our Tech Culture Amazing?
We’re passionate about having a creative and innovative environment where our developers collaborate and continuously learn and grow. Our developers have the freedom to bring new tools, frameworks, and ideas to the table knowing their voice will be heard. We’re not afraid of trying new things; if the case is made for a new technology or approach, our developers know it will be tried. Within CARFAX, we value Teamwork. Our development teams work hand in hand with product owners, project leaders, UX designers and Quality Assurance engineers to produce the best products and solutions possible. If you’re a techie who enjoys constantly learning new things, collaborating with teammates, and building best-in-class products and services, you’ll find exciting opportunities at CARFAX!
As a Software Engineer - Full Stack you will be a part of the Business Technology team, which helps CARFAX build and support products that help millions of people!
As a Software Engineer - Full Stack you will:
- Work in a dynamic, agile, team environment developing awesome new applications
- Participate in design decisions, including new technology research and prototyping
- Collaborate closely with other engineers, architects, cloud engineers, support teams and other stakeholders
- Innovate new ideas to evolve our applications and processes
- Review and test existing code-bases or technical integrations across various CARFAX projects
To be considered for this role, you will need:
- Object oriented experience with languages such as Java, Kotlin, TypeScript, Golang, Python or C#; we primarily use JVM languages and TypeScript
- Knowledge with client/server architecture and building web services using REST or GraphQL
- Relational and NoSQL database systems such as MySQL, Mongo, DynamoDB or Elasticsearch
- Experience with developing in a cloud environment (AWS preferred)
- Experience in full SDLC development including design, building, testing, deployment, upgrade, and support.
- Ability to provide leadership and mentor engineers through complicated technical challenges
- Ability to work and collaborate effectively in a team environment as well as independently
CARFAX, part of S&P Global Mobility, helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, service and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, CARFAX Car Care, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX® Vehicle History Report™ to consumers and the automotive industry. CARFAX owns the world’s largest vehicle history database and is nationally recognized as a top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Shop, Buy, Service, Sell – Show me the CARFAX™. S&P Global Mobility is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI). S&P Global is the world’s foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks, analytics and workflow solutions in the global capital, commodity and automotive markets.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.