Senior Project Manager
Join our Business Technology Team as a Senior Project Manager!
When was the last time you bragged about where you work? At CARFAX, we do it every day. Why? Because we’re proud to work for a company with a strong mission and trusted brand. We’re proud to work with people who care about what they do and work hard every day to deliver their best. We’ve created the type of company culture where the term, “work- hard play-hard” isn’t just a catchy saying, it’s part of the #CARFAXdifference!
We’re seeking a Sr. Project Manager to focus on defining, planning, and implementing diverse projects within the organization. You’ll work hand in hand with a large team of project managers and analysts, a driven set of researchers and data technologists, and business and technology leaders from across the enterprise.
* Note that this a hybrid position with a weekly in-office requirement *
As a Senior Project Manager, you will:
- Be responsible for all aspects of project management and agile development team ceremonies.
- Develop and refine project plans specifying goals, staffing, scheduling, risks, and contingency plans
- Lead large, multi-location and virtual groups of multi-disciplinary teams
- Manage changes to project scope, schedule, and costs to keep the project plan accurate, updated, and reflective of authorized project changes
- Manage dependencies across teams and collaborate with other project managers and team leaders to ensure overall project is completed within plan parameters
- Ensure a common understanding across stakeholders and team members by setting and managing expectations
- Gather, articulate, and represent project requirements for our agile software development teams
- Anticipate and measure project performance and progress using various quantitative tools and techniques to identify and quantify any variances, perform corrective actions, and communicate to stakeholders
- Proactively identify and plan for risks as well as implement approved actions and workarounds to mitigate risk events
- Lead cross-functional assessments for projects in the Concept phase and drive the conversion of conceptual ideas into actionable and clearly understood project deliverables and timelines
- Generate key project deliverables and facilitate their review
- Facilitate cross-functional team meetings, sometimes with C level executives to ensure communication is clear and teams are aligned
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum 10 years of relevant work experience focusing on project management
- Demonstrated ability to execute on tasks that are sometimes vaguely defined using prior experience, analytical skills, and available research
- Thorough experience delivering projects using an agile methodology
- Experience managing remote project teams of 10 or more or complex multi-disciplinary projects that involve multiple project teams
- Ability to work with and communicate, both written and verbally across multiple job levels, including C level executives
- Ability to mentor junior project managers in the use of proven project management tools and practices
- Ability to travel approximately 10% of the time (when allowed based on current restrictions)
- Project Management Institute (PMI) certification such as the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification through the Scrum Alliance Experience with the Atlassian Suite – Confluence/Jira
CARFAX, part of S&P Global Mobility, helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, service and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, CARFAX Car Care, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX® Vehicle History Report™ to consumers and the automotive industry. CARFAX owns the world’s largest vehicle history database and is nationally recognized as a top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Shop, Buy, Service, Sell – Show me the CARFAX™. S&P Global Mobility is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI). S&P Global is the world’s foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks, analytics and workflow solutions in the global capital, commodity and automotive markets.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.