Manufacturing Automation Machine Operator Array 515 D Shift
Want to see more? Find all job opportunities for both BioFire and bioMérieux worldwide by clicking here.
The Manufacturing Automation Machine Operator is responsible for manufacturing quality products efficiently, accurately, safely, and according to regulations. The Automation Machine Operator is responsible for high volume automated equipment and in-process instrumentation to manufacture regulated products.
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of Biomerieux’s Quality System.
- Oversee the production process to ensure quality and efficiency targets are met per the production schedule. Requires judgement on when to escalate issues for resolution including quality issues, equipment issues, and software issues.
- Automation machine operator is responsible for ensuring quality work is being performed, including but not limited to: proper adherence to line clearances, adherence to written procedures (WIDs, BRs, & SOPs), completion of QSR documentation, and proper identification and segregation of conforming and non-conforming product.
- Oversee the high volume and high value of product output. Interfaces with high value equipment.
- Maintain records in compliance with regulatory requirements, Good Manufacturing Practices, and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of assigned production area.
- Perform routine cleaning of assigned equipment.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the assigned equipment in order to identify improvement opportunities.
- Provide training when necessary to new machine operators in assigned area.
- Operate automated production equipment.
- Perform in-process testing to ensure product meets specifications and document results.
- Responsible for monitoring material control requirements of materials associated with automated machine operation including released status, expiration, and scrap transactions.
- Assist Engineering/line maintenance in machine repairs or other tasks as/if needed.
- Load and unload raw materials and subassemblies.
- Must be able to perform duties wearing a Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Training and Education
- External candidates must have a good understanding of contamination prevention and experience operating automated equipment.
- Experience with electronic documentation systems is preferred.
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
- For internal candidates, a minimum of 6 months of manufacturing experience at Biomerieux is required.
- Consideration will be given to applicants with less than 6 months of internal manufacturing experience if prior machine operator experience in a regulated manufacturing environment can be shown.
- For external applicants, a minimum of 2 years as a machine operator in an FDA/ISO regulated manufacturing environment is required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have good reading, writing, and oral communication, and comprehension skills.
- Must have a high attention to detail.
- Must have good math skills.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and have a positive, professional manner.
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioFire Diagnostics’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).