Health, Safety & Environmental Professional - Weekend Days
Want to see more? Find all job opportunities for both BioFire and bioMérieux worldwide by clicking here.
Benefits at bioMerieux:
- 11 paid holidays
- 160 hours of paid time off
- 401k retirement plan
- Low-cost medical insurance that starts on day one
- Tuition reimbursement
- Onsite cafeteria with a daily food stipend
- Annual bonus
Shift : Friday - Monday 7:00 am - 5:30 pm MT
This position will serve as a member of the Health, Safety & Environmental team. This position will report to the site HSE Manager. Primary responsibilities include assisting the site HSSE Associate Director and HSE Manager in planning, implementing, and promoting the site HSE programs, policies, and procedures with primary emphasis on the industrial hygiene aspects of occupational health and safety to prevent or correct unsafe working conditions and behaviors to achieve the desired injury/illness prevention safety culture.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Under general supervision of the site HSE Manager, the HSE Professional will:
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BioFire Diagnostics’ Quality System
- Create, implement and monitor the company health & safety programs, policies, and procedures
- Maintain and apply knowledge of current general industry safety regulations and industrial hygiene processes
- Conduct Industrial Hygiene and Occupational Health monitoring and assessments to ensure employees are not exposed to hazards greater than PEL’s for given constituents (i.e. noise, radiation, chemical, etc.)
- After completing a job safety analysis evaluation, recommend process safety applications that will reduce employee exposure to chemical, physical, and biological hazards
- May conduct monitoring and assessment of environmental practices and permitting and complete environmental reports to ensure compliance
- Create and conduct safety training including; new employee safety orientation, and specific occupational health and safety topic training to individuals and groups
- May assist with site Safety Committee activities and Building Emergency Response Teams (B.E.R.T.S) as required
- Investigate workplace accidents, near misses, injuries, and illness and complete a root cause analysis (RCA). Identify and implement corrective actions to mitigate the root cause hazard.
- May give direction and guidance to HSE technicians on complex HSE issues
- Track, compile and report safety and training statistics
- Ensure department mgt. has all tools and information required to effectively implement safety programs and initiatives
- Ensure proper disposal of hazardous waste and track environmental metrics
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, the incumbent must have a passion for and demonstrated commitment for workplace injury prevention and be able to carry out each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The incumbent will have subject matter expert (SME) knowledge of OSHA regulations, standard safety procedures, and best safe work practices for general industry. General knowledge of behavioral-based safety programs is a plus. Timely completion and follow-up of assigned tasks and accurate collection and tracking of required data is essential.
- Will be required to demonstrate training proficiency on occupational safety related topics prior to job offer
- May be assigned to various physical locations and work in environments including; office, clean mfg., warehouse, and bio labs.
- Must be able to wear a PAPR respirator
Training and Education
The minimum educational background and qualifications for this position are: Bachelor's degree in safety, or other technical discipline (i.e Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Health, Science). A professional certification of CIH or CSP; or a Master’s degree in Safety, Industrial Hygiene, or Occupational Health is a plus.
This position requires a minimum of 3 yrs. paid professional experience where the primary job function was performing occupational health, safety and industrial hygiene activities in a general industry setting.
Physical – Must be able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time, lift up to 40 lbs., walk on even and uneven surfaces and stairs, have fine motor coordination, ability to pass a respirator fit test, and have ability to gown for clean room environments.
Must be able to pass a respirator fit test and be able to wear a PAPR respirator
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioFire Diagnostics’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).