Software Engineer I/II/III - Data Engineer
Want to see more? Find all job opportunities for both BioFire and bioMérieux worldwide by clicking here.
bioMérieux is a fast growing and profitable biotech company with a great opportunity for a Software Engineer that is interest in data engineering and software development. This engineer will be joining a team of Software Engineers to support the research and development at bioMérieux. The candidate will be responsible for:
- Owning the design, development, and implementation of solutions to aggregate and model disparate internal data sources in collaboration with other Software Development and DevOps teams.
- Working with our Data Science groups to gather user needs.
- Collaborating with the analysis, software engineering, and IS teams to design and implement data analysis pipelines.
- Collaborating with Data Scientists, Data Architects, Software Developers and DevOps on creating processes and tools for testing and validation of data and pipelines.
- Collaborating with Software Development and DevOps to optimize, monitor, maintain and update data solutions (both underlying data structure and delivery method) for use by analysis teams and reporting systems.
The candidate must have strong programming, database, and analytic skills. The candidate will be embedded in the Data Science department but will have close collaboration with multiple departments at bioMérieux. Therefore, the candidate must have strong communication skills and desire to work in a highly collaborative environment.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals with the following:
- A minimum of a B.S. in a quantitative discipline: Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Data Science, Bioinformatics/Computational Biology, etc.
- Development experience with relational database structures, multi-dimensional databases and data warehouse design and architecture
- Familiar with cloud hosted solutions (experience with AWS a plus)
- Excellent programming and problem-solving skills (experience with Python a plus)
- 0+ years industry experience in software development, IT, IS or related fields
- Candidates with no industry experience are expected to be able to demonstrate proficiency of software or data engineering practices
- Good communication, writing and presentation skills.
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioFire Diagnostics’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).