Software Test Engineer I/II/III
Want to see more? Find all job opportunities for both BioFire and bioMérieux worldwide by clicking here.
We are looking for a talented and engaged Software Test Engineer to help ensure the quality of our product software applications. The successful candidate will work with a project team to scope, design, develop and test software applications used within BioFire. They will have excellent communication skills and experience working as an active member of project teams.
Software test engineers are expected to understand the specifications and schedules under which software projects operate. They must be flexible and adaptable and work efficiently with the testing group to execute test plans by writing and maintaining test cases, executing test cases, and reporting defects through the defect tracking system. When specifications and design documents are incorrect, inconsistent, or could be improved, engineers are expected to discuss changes with test managers.
Engineers are expected to check in their test case documents to source control on a regular basis. They should work actively with their teams to move software through the Quality System. Test automation is utilized in many projects and test engineers possessing programming ability will have the opportunity to contribute to automation solutions and collaborate with a growing team.
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities -
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BioFire Diagnostics’ Quality System.
- Understand BioFire Diagnostics’ technical mission, values, and core technologies.
- Read and interpret software specifications and develop test cases against those specifications.
- Write, maintain, and execute test cases.
- Use BioFire Diagnostics’ software products during development for the purpose of discovering defects.
- Ensure, whenever possible, that software defects that are discovered can be reproduced.
- Ensure the proper documentation of software defects through the defect tracking system used by BioFire Diagnostics.
- Complete projects on time with supervision from the test manager.
- Continually update technical knowledge and skills.
- Participate effectively in technical reviews as both a reviewer and reviewee.
- Foster a collaborative and cooperative work environment.
Training and Education: Requires a Bachelor of Science in an engineering, scientific, or technical field, or equivalent experience.
Experience: 0+ years of work experience software development or a related field.
- Experience with one of the following: C#, Java, C/C++, MATLAB, R, Minitab, SAS, or software testing
- Windows OS experience
- Source control
- Defect tracking
- Build systems
Writing and communication skills:
- Technical writing experience
- Good verbal communication and presentation abilities
- Attention to detail
- Efficient and creative approach to problem solving
- Good time management with an ability to prioritize projects as needed
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioFire Diagnostics’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).