Associate Principal Electrical Engineer, Sustaining Engineering
Want to see more? Find all job opportunities for both BioFire and bioMérieux worldwide by clicking here.
WE SAVE LIVES!! At bioMérieux, we make medical diagnostic equipment that is vital to maintaining world health. The solutions that our teams imagine, develop and manufacture are key to enabling healthcare professionals and industry players in making confident decisions to improve patient outcome and ensure consumer safety. Be a part of the team that is responsible for sustaining the manufacture of this life saving equipment. You will be working in a dynamic and highly regulated environment with a cross functional team including engineering, production, quality assurance, purchasing, logistics, and others. bioMérieux is committed to an inclusive working atmosphere that fosters professional growth for our valued employees. We are looking for self-starters with a passion for knowledge and helping others. Come to bioMérieux and be a part of our team!
Benefits at bioMérieux:
- Low-cost medical, dental, and vision benefits starting day one
- 11 paid holidays
- 160 hours of paid time off
- Annual bonus
- 9.5% 401k company contribution with no vesting period
- Tuition reimbursement up to $10000 per calendar year
- Onsite cafeteria with daily food stipend
Perform all aspects of electronic design from the initial feasibility stage to manufacturing release for use in medical diagnostic equipment. Using knowledge of schematic design, EMC, analysis, debug, and PCB layout, support and sustain instrument manufacturing activities to facilitate efficient operations within the production environment, optimize existing processes, and implement both product and process changes in support of quality and cost reduction improvements. Provide SME support for existing product lines.
- Lead in the definition, proof of concept, development, implementation and/or support of technical or business solutions by performing specific tasks within the scope of the assigned activity
- Troubleshoot and utilize problem-solving tools to resolve issues with process and/or product
- Remain current on technological advancement in the relevant area of expertise
- Ensure quality of deliverables by following the appropriate design practices and departmental procedures for design control and regulatory compliance
- Create appropriate documentation such as technical communications, reports, meeting notes, change management, and other relevant technical documentation
- Prioritize activities within the scope of the assignments to ensure schedules and quality of work is successfully achieved
- Participate in material planning activities
- Perform reviews related to risk analysis, change control, verification, validation, and other functions within the department
- Define, review, and check product Bill of Materials (BOM), assembly instructions, and test procedures for implementation into Manufacturing
- Work cross functionally with internal departments and lead project teams
- Mentor less experienced team members to facilitate technical development and increase knowledge of business practices
Studies and Experience:
- BSEE with 5+ years of engineering experience (if no degree, 10 years of relevant experience performing engineering functions)
- Experience in PCBA design (component selection, specification adherence, understanding of PCBA layout and design principles, analog and embedded systems)
- Experience with PCBA CAD and simulation tools
- Experience managing large scale projects requiring multiple team members and launch schedules beyond 6 months
- Basic understanding in programming techniques (e.g. C, C++, Python) and/or script writing (using Labview, Arduino, or similar)
- Experience with design for EMI/EMC, UL, and CE
- Experience with regulated industries and quality systems
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of electro/mechanical production processes
- Knowledge of PCBA manufacturing processes (e.g. ICT, AOI, DFM solder processes, etc.)
- Quality and completeness of documentation
- Ability to articulate complex technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Ability to self-manage multiple assignments and tasks to keep schedule deadlines intact
- Ability to communicate with team members and other groups effectively
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Project)
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioFire Diagnostics’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).