Buyer/Planner - Reagents
Want to see more? Find all job opportunities for both BioFire and bioMérieux worldwide by clicking here.
- Procures direct materials for manufacturing per MRP planning requirements, while adhering to contractual agreements.
- Manage, train and support buyers and processes.
- Serves as key communication point between cross functional teams regarding availability of supply, technical concerns, costing, quality, and improvements to supply chain initiatives.
- Ensures inventory levels are maintained per inventory strategy.
- Investigates and develops sources of materials, prepares bid requests, and reviews quotations.
- Evaluates, monitors, and ensures vendor quality, reliability, service, and delivery.
- Coordinates the return of products to supplier as needed, and contributes to the Supplier Corrective Actions Request process.
- Help execute and transfer of R&D products into production manufacturing.
- Adheres to Regulatory requirements including FDA, ISO, Legal, Ethical, and BioFire specific procedures.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works independently on assigned tasks and with minimal supervision while Complying with BFDX's policy and Quality System's guidelines.
- Reviews purchase requisitions for accuracy and converts to purchase orders in SAP.
- Monitor and measure performance of inventory levels, part availability, and other key performance indicators, cost reduction activities and supports MBOs for department.
- Serve as a primary point of contact for other departments regarding procurement activities related to assigned materials/business functions.
- Works with the Purchasing department to address any concerns from assigned Suppliers regarding BFDX's Terms & Conditions, contracts, or other legal issues.
- Build/maintain supplier relationships through frequent and effective communication of business, quality, delivery, costs, and transportation requirements.
- Expert in BFDX procurement procedures and policies.
- Leads/Mentors team of buyer/planners and associate buyer/planners.
- Trains and supports team members in daily operations using standard operating procedures (SOPs) and Work Instruction Documents (WIDs).
- Represents the company by conducting supplier visits on a regular basis.
- Strong reasoning, cognitive and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
Authority to commit and plan materials to signature authorization.
Responsible for Supply base decisions within assigned work content and commodities.
Responsible to communicate, collaborate, and seek out help from suppliers, and internal departments to effectively support the procurement function.
Training and Education:
One of the following:
a) High School diploma and five years at BFDX and three years direct purchasing experience
b) High School diploma and eight years direct purchasing experience
c) Bachelor’s degree in business, sciences, or health related field, and five years of direct purchasing experience
d) Master’s degree in business, sciences, or health related field and two years direct purchasing.
Experience in biotech industry is preferred.
NAPM, APICS/ISM certification is a plus.
Familiarity with purchasing chemicals, materials, and general manufacturing processes a plus
Experience using an ERP system. SAP preferred.
Experience with negotiating supply agreements and capital equipment contracts.
Excellent reading, writing and communication skills.
Orientation for detail work product, with emphasis or accuracy and completeness.
Ability to complete objectives without high levels of supervision.
Proficient in Microsoft Office/Productivity tools.
Experience in procuring electrical/mechanical components, injection molded parts, chemicals and packaging/label materials.
Ability to read and understand part drawings and specifications.
Ability to lift up to 50 lbs and work 50% of time standing and or lifting.
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioFire Diagnostics’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).