Want to see more? Find all job opportunities for both BioFire and bioMérieux worldwide by clicking here.
It is not every day that you can say the software you helped develop will save hundreds or thousands of lives per year, but at bioMérieux, we put innovation to work in life-saving diagnostic devices deployed across the world. With engineering centers in the United States, France, and Italy, our Systems Development team collaborates globally to build products that ensure patient health and consumer safety. From antibiotic susceptibility testing to organism identification with mass spectrometry, bioMérieux offers challenging opportunities in a science-based domain with a public health focus. If you’re passionate about providing real-world solutions, you’ll find a home in our team of expert software developers, engineers, and microbiologists.
We develop equipment, tests and software that deliver rapid, high-impact, actionable results in immunoassays, microbiology and molecular biology. The Sr. Software Engineer will be part of the team designing and developing software that delivers these results directly supporting patient health and consumer product safety.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent practical experience
- 6 years of development experience, with 1-2 years of experience operating at senior a level leading and delivering projects.
- Strong experience in server-side multi-threaded programming in Java, the HTTPS protocol, and Web Services.
- Design and development of relational databases preferably using PostgreSQL and JPA/Hibernate.
- Ability to contribute to high-level design discussions based on experience in application of software design concepts, software application lifecycle management, Object Oriented Analysis and Design, and Design Patterns.
- Experience with software development methodologies, especially Agile, Scrum, etc.
- Review of other team members’ application code and test code for correctness and potential improvements.
- Ability to develop and document deliverables compliant with established company practices.
- Effective in a fast-paced environment utilizing critical thinking and problem solving skills with minimal supervision.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proficiency in verbal and written English.
- ISO/FDA-regulated environment as a member of a product development organization (medical device or biotech industry) delivering under design control and regulatory statutes.
- Experience cooperating with multi-located teams.
- Experience and/or familiarity with platforms like Angular, GWT, or JavaFX.
- Experience with Java-based reporting tools like JasperReports.
- Experience with Automated Testing like Gherkin/Cucumber or Selenium.
- Windows scripting experience with PowerShell and Command Batch scripts.
- Groovy Scripting language
- Version control system ( Perforce, Git )
- Build technologies like Gradle and Jenkins
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioFire Diagnostics’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).