DevSecOps Lead | Req#2966
ActioNet has an immediate opportunity for a DevSecOps Lead as part of our ActioNet Innovation Center (AIC) team, located in Vienna, VA, to work with our growing DevSecOps practices delivering cutting-edge mission enablement apps. We are looking for established experience with cloud platform services, DevSecOps practices such as build/release management, secure SDLC/DevSecOps practices such as automating security processes in CI/CD pipeline, and general automation.The ideal candidate will show Eagerness to learn and grow in all aspects of technical solutioning resulting in contract wins on large US Federal/Civilian proposals.The DevSecOps Lead will Help to design, implement, and support agile solutions and processes leveraged by a large number of applications hosted in our environments. This position Plays a vital role in our AIC on strategic IT projects to bring distinctive strategies around emerging technologies to support innovation initiatives, growth opportunities, as well as existing customers. This position in open to hybrid work.
- Help to build our DevSecOps Strategy and Solutions to integrate cybersecurity into the organizational adoption and improvement of agile practices.
- Partner with Engineering team leads to create, implement, and apply DevSecOps principles, processes and culture that are consumed by corporate delivery teams.
- Provide subject matter expertise in various risk assessments, working in an Agile environment with an understanding of the full software development lifecycle.
- Advocate for software engineering practices such as unit testing, code reviews, full build testing, quality engineering practices and requirements capturing techniques to the teams to improve end-to-end secure delivery practices.
- Advocate for and ensure appropriate security practices are communicated and implemented within their projects.
- Partner with development and operations teams to facilitate practical automation solutions and custom modules. Troubleshoot automation issues and when required, engage the resources to find practical solutions that move projects forward in a timely manner.
- Be a trusted automation and tooling advisor for DevSecOps initiatives by providing objective, practical and relevant ideas, insights, and advice.
- Assist application teams with onboarding to the adopted security tools/technologies; working with vendors to troubleshoot the platform and issues related to such integrations.
- Deliver tasks based on project objectives; technically support projects through to completion.
- Ensure deliverables are completed within target timeframes and are consistently of high-quality, documented and support transition of operational activities.
- Work with teams to bring continuous improvement to DevSecOps processes and tools.
- Engineer and implement solutions and provide recommendations for continuous improvement for the services provided.
- Provide career guidance, mentoring, and training pathing for DevSecOps team members.
- Be active in evaluating and recommending new technologies.
- Work with our team, clients, and teaming partners throughout the acquisition lifecycle to understand the client’s requirements and develop the holistic technical solution that is both unique and best positions ActioNet to win!
- Collaborate with customers to address their mission challenges, define their requirements, develop strategic solutions plans with tactical steps, and work with them as required to ensure delivery success.
- Must stay knowledgeable about, as well as introduce, new, advanced technologies that enhance business value.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology (IT), computer science, or related field or equivalent experience.
- Familiarity with troubleshooting applications running in both Linux OS and Windows.
- Experience working in cloud-based environments such as AWS, Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
- Proven technical solutioning experience with current and emerging technologies including, but not limited to: Agile Development, DevSecOps, Cybersecurity, Cloud, and/or Data Analytics/AI/ML.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills across internal and external organizations.
- Ability to prioritize and manage several projects or priorities simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with all levels of personnel (executive to entry level).
- Active Clearance – Secret or above (or ability to obtain a clearance).
- Master’s degree in IT, computer science, or related field or equivalent experience.
- Experience building and leading teams of DevSecOps Engineers.
- Experience as Solution Architect on government proposals.
- Experience with installing, configuring, and administering Kubernetes.
- Experience with Information Security: applying STIGs, IAVAs, and maintaining/updating security documentation.
- Experience with VMware.
- Security+ certification.
- Experience using common automation tools such as Ansible, Chef, or Terraform.
ActioNet is a CMMI-DEV Level 4, CMMI-SVC Level 4, ISO 20000, ISO 27001, ISO 9001, HDI-certified, woman-owned IT Solutions Provider with strong qualifications and expertise in Agile Software Engineering, Cloud Solutions, Cyber Security and IT Managed Services. With 24+ years of stellar past performance, ActioNet is the premier Trusted Innogrator!
At ActioNet, our Passion for Quality is at the heart of everything we do:
- We are committed to make ActioNet a great place to work and continue to invest in our ActioNeters
- We are committed to our customers by driving and sustaining Service Delivery Excellence
- We are committed to give back to our Community, help others and make the world a better place for our next generation
ActioNet is proud to be named as a Top Workplace for the ninth year in a row (2014 - 2022). We have 98% of Customer retention rate. We are passionate about the inspirational missions of our customers and we entrust our employees and teams to deliver exceptional performance to enable the safety, security, health and well-being of our nation.
What's in It For You?
As an ActioNeter, you get to be part of exceptional team and a corporate culture that nurtures mutual success for our customers, employees and our communities. We give you the tools to be successful; all you need to do is bring your best ideas, your energy and a desire to develop your skills, experience and career. Are you ready to make a difference?
ActioNet is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.