Senior Software Engineer | Req#3076
ActioNet has an immediate opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer requiring a Public Trust clearance located in Silver Spring, MD. ActioNet is an IT service provider and solutions integrator headquartered in Vienna, VA that works with the Federal Government and Department of Defense. In this role, you will be responsible for upgrading and designing software applications supporting climate related science and research functions.
As the Senior Software Engineer you will join a close-knit and highly technical team of developers and systems administrators that support a federal client. Although, the work is primarily done remotely, you will work onsite as needed for customer meetings, demonstrations, testing, etc. Currently, that includes 1 day per week, plus additional days as needed. The ideal candidate should be within an hour drive from Silver Spring, MD.
What is in it for you?
- As an ActioNeter, you get to be part of exceptional team and a corporate culture that nurtures mutual success for our customers, employees and our communities.
- We give you the tools to be successful; all you need to do is bring your best ideas, your energy and a desire to develop your skills, experience and career.
- We invest in the professional development of our staff with annual training allotments
- We offer competitive pay and benefits
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work independently and within team structure as a Full Stack developer
- Rewrite old code to improve performance, functionality and bring into the .NET ecosystem
- Collaborate with system and software engineers
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Demonstrated experience with software development (i.e., software requirements analysis, top-down design, structured analysis) in Windows, Linux and Mac environments.
- Must have an excellent understanding of a variety of programming languages and tools, to include: C#, .NET Core or .NET Framework, SQL Server or Azure SQL, Entity Framework, Git, Jquery.
- Extensive experience with Software testing, software documentation and experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
- Experience with custom development of fleet and aviation information systems.
- Experience supporting Aviation or Marine related applications
- Experience with Software Unit Testing
- Experience with Telerik
- CompTIA Security+ Certification
- Certification in Software Engineering or related technical areas
ActioNet is a CMMI-DEV Level 4, CMMI-SVC Level 4, ISO 20000, ISO 27001, ISO 9001, HDI-certified, woman-owned IT Solutions Provider with strong qualifications and expertise in Agile Software Engineering, Cloud Solutions, Cyber Security and IT Managed Services. With 24+ years of stellar past performance, ActioNet is the premier Trusted Innogrator!
At ActioNet, our Passion for Quality is at the heart of everything we do:
- We are committed to make ActioNet a great place to work and continue to invest in our ActioNeters
- We are committed to our customers by driving and sustaining Service Delivery Excellence
- We are committed to give back to our Community, help others and make the world a better place for our next generation
ActioNet is proud to be named as a Top Workplace for the ninth year in a row (2014 - 2022). We have 98% of Customer retention rate. We are passionate about the inspirational missions of our customers and we entrust our employees and teams to deliver exceptional performance to enable the safety, security, health and well-being of our nation.
What's in It For You?
As an ActioNeter, you get to be part of an exceptional team and a corporate culture that nurtures mutual success for our customers, employees and communities. We give you the tools to be successful; all you need to do is bring your best ideas, your energy and a desire to develop your skills, experience, and career. Are you ready to make a difference?
ActioNet is an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.