The Hachette Book Group Finance department is currently seeking a Financial Analyst to support our publishing business units and assist the corporate finance function. The successful candidate will help develop, communicate and monitor departmental budgets and forecasts and will conduct analysis to assist business partners in assessing the financial impact of business decisions.
*Please note that this is an immediate opening.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the budget and reforecast process.
- Preparing monthly profit-sharing statements as part of the month-end close.
- Analyze monthly financial results.
- Assist in developing P&L’s.
- Evaluate title acquisitions and profitability.
- Generate ad-hoc financial reports using proprietary database systems and Microsoft Access.
- Conduct analysis and prepare reports as needed.
- Assist in KPI (key performance indicator) collection and reporting.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance and/or Accounting.
- 1-2 years of financial analysis experience.
- Computer proficiency in advanced Excel (V-Lookups, Pivot Tables), Access, and PowerPoint is also required.
- Prior database experience and the ability to learn proprietary systems.
- Proven ability to manage and analyze large data sets.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to deliver on numerous projects on tight deadlines with strong attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills a must, due to the level of exposure to senior management.
- An interest in book publishing.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT / COMPENSATION & BENEFITS DISCLOSURE:
As a leading book publisher, we believe that including and representing diverse voices in all aspects of our business is fundamental to what we do. Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This position has a compensation range of $52,000-$62,000. Salary will vary based on a number of factors including skills, experience, and location — talk with your recruiter to learn more. Our comprehensive U.S. benefit offerings include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, LTD, 401(k), and more.