Summer 2020 Subrights Intern-Boston, MA
Hachette Book Group offers paid summer internships to students and recent graduates interested in a career in book publishing. Our summer internship program, which runs from June 1st – August 7th and allows interns to work 28 hours per week, offers students an opportunity to learn about the publishing industry and explore an area of interest.
As an HBG Subrights Intern, you will have the opportunity to work closely with seasoned professionals and gain hands-on professional experience as you own day-to-day tasks, help with special projects, and attend departmental meetings. You will also assist Rights staff across all divisions, giving you exposure to both Children’s and Adult lists.
To enhance your work experience, we offer educational sessions featuring speakers from all departments of the company as well as networking and career development opportunities.
Who you are:
- A rising junior or senior, graduate student, or recent graduate interested in exploring a career in book publishing
- Self-starter with strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Enthusiastic and excited about discussing recent books you’ve read
- Possess a great attitude and a desire to learn as well as excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team and contribute insights
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
What you will learn:
- Create pitch materials for book fairs.
- Assist with production requests.
- Undertake research projects in subsidiary rights.
- Create and send submission materials, manage and update databases.
- Mail author copies of translated editions.
How to apply:
In order to be considered, all candidates must submit both a resume AND cover letter.