Sr. Staff IT Network Systems Engineer
Join the network visibility revolution that is helping make the network the foundation of security technology. At Gigamon, you will be part of an entrepreneurial team working in a fast-paced and high growth environment that is defining the future of network security.
Gigamon delivers an industry leading visibility platform that enables companies to secure, manage, and control what’s happening across their entire networking universe. From physical to virtual to the cloud, Gigamon’s solutions allows our customers to quickly adapt to changing threat landscapes while simultaneously embracing next generation network architectures, application frameworks, and cloud deployment models all while enabling a stronger relationship between network and security operations teams. Gigamon makes businesses more secure by seeing what matters, right now.
As Sr Network Systems Engineer you will work closely with Gigamon’s IT Operations, Engineering Services, Security, and other teams to design, build, and operate Gigamon’s global network infrastructure.
- Manage critical routing and switching network environments used by corporate, service and engineering teams in locations around the world. You will lead efforts to improve performance and reliability.
- Work with the engineering, support, and sales teams to design and deliver network-related enhancements needed for operating, developing and demonstrating Gigamon products.
- Maintain network equipment used throughout the company by reviewing and determining patching and updates required for our environment.
- Troubleshoot network issues and provide support as part of our on-call rotation. You will be a point of escalation for issues during India hours.
- Work with engineering and support teams on joint projects developing and testing Gigamon products.
- Mentor and develop other network engineers on the IT team.
- Provide planning for and maintenance of Gigamon Engineering Labs and IT Data Center both on-site and remote HQ during US off hours.
- 8-12 years’ experience supporting enterprise-class network environments
- Strong knowledge of routing protocols including OSPF and BGP
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, NAT, STP, Trunking, LACP, NIC teaming, VXLAN, Overlay/underlay networking
- Experience with network tools and functions such as tcpdump, wireshark, netflow, Splunk, Solarwinds
- Experience with implementing/supporting hybrid cloud deployments including Azure, AWS
- Proven experience with working in a multi-datacenter environment
- Firewall/security experience (access control list (ACL) management., secure remote management practices, IDS, etc.)
- 7+ years hands-on experience with Palo Alto Firewall, Cisco Routers/Switches/WLC
- Knowledge of OOB device configuration and management.
- Experience with network operations in environments with US and India locations, engineering development labs, and high availability environments
- Strong understanding of IPSec, IKEv2, and security-related concepts
- Experience with common logging/monitoring/alerting tools (Splunk, syslog, OpsGenie, Nagios, etc)
- Wireless deployment and performance management
- NAC (ICE, Clearpass, Forescout, etc)
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work logically and quickly under pressure
- Work well in a collaborative team environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and listening skills
Nice to have:
- Experience with multi-site routing, peering, and disaster recovery network architectures considered a plus
- Formal hardware training and/or certifications from one or more of the following vendors: Cisco Systems (CCNA, CCNP)
- ITIL foundation
- CCIE RS certification