Principal Professional Services Engineer II
This position description describes the full-time Professional Services Engineer (PSE) position on Gigamon’s Professional Services team. The Professional Service team delivers carefully planned post-sales services to Gigamon’s customers and partners, so our technology and service solutions deliver positive business outcomes. Working for the Professional Services team, the PSE is responsible for delivering network visibility solutions, security guidance, and other relevant services across Gigamon’s end-user community. This position will focus on establishing, growing, and strengthening post-sales implementations and providing technical consulting to business units requiring network visibility and security solutions.
We measure our success by accelerating end-user time to value, customer satisfaction, delivery quality, and expanded use of our technology.
The Gigamon Professional Services Engineer responsibilities include the following:
- Work with Gigamon Partners and Sales to deliver to end-user solutions and identify future end-user projects which may require PS engineering solutions
- Lead in the discovery, definition, and implementation of network visibility and security solutions for Gigamon end-users
- Provide technical point of contact for professional services throughout an engagement lifecycle
- Identify existing and prospective solutions, as well as review applicable of network visibility use-cases, security policies and procedures with the business
- Work closely with system architects to ensure business systems and applications meet security requirements in preparation for the end-user review; participate and contribute in Gigamon internal reviews.
- Work closely with Gigamon and end-user technical teams to ensure business systems and applications meet appropriate security standards, policies and procedures
- Work with other technical network visibility and security team members on policy compliance efforts in accordance with Gigamon, industry privacy and security regulations, and guidelines set forth by, Country, Federal and local laws, as applicable
- Provide mentorship throughout Gigamon on technical subjects in your technical domain, including presenting on topics related to network visibility and information security
- Match the message to the audience when relaying technical solutions to individuals who may not have a technical background
- The PS Engineer will also present engagement status reports to management, adhere to policies and practices related to technical guidelines and change management processes, and may contribute to development of new policies and practices by suggesting innovative ideas.
- International travel up to 50% time may be required
Desired skills/ qualifications:
- >10+ years as a network visibility/security engineer supporting multi-national organization(s)
- Ability to achieve U.K security clearance
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills
- Demonstrated success in leading multi-functional initiatives without formal authority
- Effective working with virtual teams
- Ability to handle high pressure situations with various key stakeholders and executives
- Excellent communication and verbal skills
- Ability to convey technical conversations to non-technical stakeholders
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Successful management of multiple priorities
- Ability to understand the risks and associated methods to address the risks and gaps to recommend or implement appropriate security controls
- Effective working with global, virtual teams with team-oriented interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate and interact with a broad range of people and roles
- In-depth knowledge of security defense principles – confidentiality, integrity, and availability – and how they apply to different technologies
- Strongly desired - Practical Knowledge of Cybersecurity / Information Security standards, policies and regulation such as ISO 27001/27002, NIS, EU Directives, GDPR, CIS and NIST.
- Desired - Security-related industry certification equivalent to the CISSP or undergraduate or graduate degree affiliated with the National Security Agency’s (NSA) National Centers of Academic Excellence (CAE) in Cyber Defense or Cyber Operations