Director of Revenue
As the Director of Revenue reporting directly to the Vice President - Corporate Controller you will lead revenue recognition, commissions and other deal-related finance & accounting support for a rapidly growing technology company.
- Partner with sales, operations and legal teams to determine the appropriate revenue recognition treatment for all new product and service introductions, new pricing and promotional models, and new go-to-market strategies.
- Oversee the sales commission process, provide input into annual sales incentive design, and manage commission analysts.
- Maintain a lead role in the quarterly revenue forecasting process for a growing public technology company.
- Lead, mentor, and develop the technical skills of a team of revenue and compensation analysts and manager.
- Establish and maintain appropriate revenue policies & procedures and ensure they are applied appropriately.
- Develop and maintain appropriate internal controls, collaborating with external auditors as required.
- Lead projects related to financial systems and business processes including implementing an automated commissions system.
- Be a change agent for implementing new ideas and process improvements in an increasingly complex environment.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- BA or BS in finance or accounting; MBA preferred.
- CPA and public accounting experience strongly preferred.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in revenue and managing teams; experience supporting sales operations and revenue forecasting highly desired.
- Strong working knowledge and extensive experience in the practical application of revenue recognition guidance.
- Hardware/software revenue recognition experience at a successful public technology company is desired.
- Strong customer service orientation with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership for projects and drive to completion.
- Experience in a fast changing, fast-paced multi-national company.
- Excellent teamwork, including the ability to interact with all organization levels.