1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions.
For more information on how Xylem can help you, go to www.xylem.com
The Role: The Proposal Manager has overall responsibility for the bid pursuit including driving and championing the end to end proposal process. They review the pursuit and develop the proposal outline, bid compliance matrix and preliminary draft. They oversee the management of all proposal related activities including developing and managing the proposal schedule, plans, deadlines, and monitoring progress. They set up and facilitate kickoff meetings, status and proposal review calls. They prepare draft documents and manage iterative versions of the proposal. They research, write and edit information creating client ready proposals.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Develops and executes proposal development activities in an effective and efficient manner for the assigned region or area of responsibility.
- Manages the end-to-end proposal process which may include: go no go, capture planning, strategy development, win theme creation, research, proposal reviews, QA/QC and internal debriefs.
- Structure, develop, write, and edit proposal sections, while building the response around the Client’s requirements, in a creative, compelling, and compliant manner.
- Lead and collaborate with various stakeholders to develop responses to the client’s needs.
- Proofreading and editing technical and non-technical documents for accuracy and consistency
- Managing production of response documents
- Championing management initiatives and applying internal processes
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Business, Sciences, or related discipline
- 7+ years of proposal experience, engineering, utility or water industry experience preferred, public and private sector or similar experience.
- Excellent project and time management skills, strong presentation and people management skills, able to manage the full proposal life cycle.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including proficiency in writing, grammar, punctuation, spelling, and formatting.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment work both independently and in a team environment.
- Strong research and market analysis skills to facilitate development of sales documents.
- Ability to work with virtual teams.
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple, simultaneous projects, and work under tight deadlines.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Travel: 15% or less
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.