1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Treatment Organization of Xylem manufactures ozone, filtration, biological, and disinfection water treatment equipment for use at water and wastewater treatment facilities. The Project Manager will be be responsible for overseeing the equipment design, coordinating the review and approval of equipment submittals, scheduling production, and handling any issues during installation. The project manager will manage the scope, schedule, and cost of the equipment to deliver the project on time and under budget.
The Role: The Project Manager will be responsible for overseeing the equipment design, coordinating the review and approval of equipment submittals, scheduling production, and handling any issues during installation. The project manager will manage the scope, schedule, and cost of the equipment to deliver the project on time and under budget.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Review project documents; examples include contracts, plans, specifications and all related documentation in their entirety and tailor project deliverables accordingly.
- Serve as the main point of contact for customers, consultants, suppliers, representatives and colleagues as necessary to effectively execute project deliverables.
- Review technical design and layout.
- Review and prepare data packages, submittal, and fabrication drawings.
- Review all electrical, mechanical, and civil aspects of project with appropriate staff.
- Document and communicate all deviations to the contract in the submittals.
- Upon receiving approvals from customer, release all equipment to the appropriate parties.
- Ensure compliance with project schedules.
- Interface with Operations staff for supply chain deadlines.
- Coordinate scope of work and pricing with third party vendors and suppliers.
- Prepare schedule of values for billing purposes.
- Coordinate installation and commissioning services.
- Issue warranty letter and follow project through warranty period. Notify appropriate accounting/finance personnel of warranty start and end dates.
- Travel to project sites, supplier's factories and technical conferences as required.
- Maintain an understanding of core process and control systems.
- Assist with product research and development as required.
- Participate and lead special projects as needed.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or Business Degree from an accredited educational institution.
- 0-5 years experience in engineering related capacity; ability to interpret engineering drawings and specifications.
- Possess the required communication, problem solving, organizational and leadership skills for internal and external customer service and be a self-starter
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Professional Engineer and/or Project Management (PMI) certifications preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret complex engineering drawings and specifications.
- Strong communication skills
- Proactive, “can-do” attitude
- Technical and mechanical aptitude
- Strong business acumen
- Strong prioritization skills
- Ability to read financial statements and CAD drawings
- Ability to dispatch work quickly and correctly
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Occasional exposure to shop and field elements
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds
- Ability to travel via plane and car
- Occasional exposure to shop and field elements at municipal and industrial water and wastewater facilities
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Domestic and international travel up to 10%
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.