IT Sr. Project Manager (ServiceMax) - Remote
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Senior project managers manage and lead enterprise-wide, cross-functional strategic initiatives and are typically assigned to large-scale, high impact projects with moderate to high risk and complexity. Senior project managers direct the daily activities of team members on multiple projects to ensure they provide high quality and cost effective services. Senior project managers also design and develop new approaches to project management.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Direct large-scale, complex projects that may involve multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Develop the project charter, integrated project plan, resource plan, contingency plan, and related project management artifacts
- Evaluate trade-offs between project size and complexity, cost, urgency, risk, and stakeholder value
- Validate financial forecasts and provide on-going reconciliation of resources and other related project expenditures
- Partner with business sponsors to define success metrics and criteria
- Build, lead, and coach multiple project teams throughout project life-cycles
- Facilitate all operational checkpoint activities throughout the life-cycle of projects
- Assess and resolve all high priority project risks as they are encountered
- Ensure all projects adhere to project methodology compliance standards set by the company
- Continually update relevant business stakeholders of project status and periodically publish project status reports
- Serve as a subject matter expert in routinely briefing key stakeholders on different aspects of assigned initiatives
- Represent the project in various project governance and inter-department forums
- Define and track project milestones while developing, maintaining, and reporting on an overall and integrated delivery plan
- Ensure all projects meet success parameters and ROI targets stated in the business case
- Ensure realistic and reliable staffing plans across the program, focusing on the availability and commitment of appropriately skilled resources
- Clarify, identify, and track requirements and issues, remove barriers, resolve minor project issues and escalate as appropriate
- Ensure end results are of the highest caliber with a clearly articulated scope and quantifiable business benefit
- Assist, share learning, and mentor others within the PMO regarding standards, organizational understanding, and relationship building to promote the successful delivery of projects
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- ServiceMax experience required
- 3+ years of project management experience in managing projects and/or small programs in a large operating environment
- CRM/ERP experience preferred
- Project Management certification (e.g., PMP/PMI)
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Strong planning, organizational, and leadership skills, including the ability to mobilize and motivate teams, set direction and approach, resolve conflict, deliver tough messages with grace, and execute with limited information and ambiguity
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills, including the ability to remove barriers and enable teams to complete their objectives
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate at all levels with clarity and precision
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills, including the ability to navigate in a highly matrixed organization effectively
- Focused and versatile team player who is comfortable under pressure, ambiguity, frequent change, or unpredictability
- Ability to quickly build rapport and strong relationships with others
- Ability to establish a wide and effective peer network across the organization
- Sound business and technical acumen
- Demonstrated, applied experience establishing and delivering complex projects
- Extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools
- Experienced in working with stakeholder to manage their expectations and engaging them to address project issues
- Supervisory experience
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Work is generally conducted in an office environment.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk and reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently required to communicate orally.
- Ability to use hands and fingers dexterously to operate office equipment.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- May require travel to project sites.
- Work may require lifting up to 35 lbs.
- Employee use of personal protective equipment (PPE) may be required in certain situations.
- Employee must comply with all local regulations and published Company work rules as well as written instructions.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Florescent lighting, dust, recycled air, cooling fans, semi-enclosed areas, central heating, seasonal warmer temperatures and office noise
- Shop: In locations with a factory or shop floor, exposure to factory/shop and machinery.
- Travel: Approximately 25%
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.