Intern - Human Resources - Summer 2021
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Xylem is seeking Intern candidates with a Human Resources background to join our team for a summer internship. This exciting opportunity will offer the opportunity to participate in the development and roll-out of Xylem’s diversity and inclusion platform while also contributing to the enhancement of the new hire onboarding experience.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Leverage Xylem’s diversity and inclusion resources (internal and external) to develop company-relevant content that is consistent with our mission and can be implemented across Xylem’s businesses
- Build a template of a diversity and inclusion platform that can be accessed by both employees and, ideally, prospective candidates, as well
- Participate in the timely completion of survey data while also collecting and analyzing best practice information for our team
- Review and recommend enhancements to the new hire onboarding program
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Currently enrolled in a 4-year degree program in Business, Human Resources or a related field. Must be in at least junior standing as of the Fall, 2021 semester.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong decision making and organizational skills
- Creative mindset; must be able to think through ideas and translate them into workable drafts
- Ability to effectively and professionally present information in one-on-one and small group organization.
- Strong problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Familiarity with Microsoft office products and social media platforms
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced production environment
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.