ESH & Quality Manager Commercial Team ITALY
Overview of Xylem
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.The role:
He/She is the Company RSPP - Head of the Prevention and Protection Service.
Quality: ISO 9001:2015
- Ensure compliance of all company activities with the ISO 9001: 2015 standard
- Guarantee the maintenance of the Quality System certification in accordance with the ISO 9001 standard
In particular he/she:
- Manage all the Policies and Instructions so that they meet the ISO 9001: 2015 requirements, in order to verify their constant updating and correct application. It is responsible for releasing them on the company intranet and for informing employees, as well as for archiving the original files
- Plan and carries out audits at suppliers, external warehouses, authorized workshops for the Quality system
- Manage the reporting with HQ on Quality, through the "TeamGuru" software
- Manage the annual Management Review meeting with the local leadership team
- Ensure that corrective actions are carried out, verifies the non-conformities resolution and analyzes customer complaints, if any
ESH (ISO 11720):
- Ensure that the ESH management system is fully compliant with ISO 14001 and 45001 requirements, as well as with the ESH Xylem Group directives
- Ensure full compliance with Italian law and Legislative Decree 81/2008 (Consolidated Law on Safety) in terms of safety and health
In particular he/she:
- Maintains an updated legal requirements register
- Supports in maintaining risk assessments updated and fit for purpose, assisting teams in the development of ad-hoc JSAs as required
- Supports if needed the process of Tool Box Talks with the operations
- Manages the EHS Management Review meeting and processes wit the local leadership team
- Assists in developing and implementing EHS HQ improvement programs and delivering key strategic objectives
- Develops and promote a culture of safe working through good practice, standards engagement, risk assessment and mitigation and communication.
- Facilitates coaching and mentoring opportunities with the local Operational teams that foster learning with understanding on EHS systems and processes.
- Leads incident investigations to identify root causes, develop and implement corrective action plans. Sharing the learnings across the greater Xylem business.
- Assists in the collation of data for the Xylem ESH metrics program via setting goals, driving improvements and tracking and reporting results to both Water Solutions personnel, including the ESH Director and Corporate management.
- Ensures compliance of all company activities with the ISO 14001: 2015 and ISO 45001:2018 standard
- Guarantees the achieving, reviewing and maintenance of the Environmental System certification in accordance with the ISO 14001 standard
- Supports the Managing Director in drafting and verifying the DVR
- Supports the drafting of DUVRI
- Supports in the drafting of all documentation that allows the Company to operate in compliance with current laws and Group directives
- Plans and carries out ESH audits on service centers, branches and customer plants as required
- Supervises the execution of technical inspections, ESH issues related, at the authorized workshops
- Plans and implements all employee safety training as required by Italian law and in collaboration with the HR Department
- Ensures the proper implementation of health surveillance, in collaboration with the HR Department
- Manages and supervises first aid and firefighting teams
- Manages the wastes annual communication (MUD) for the headquarters and for local Service Centers
- Supports the Service Centers in identifying the applicable authorizations (eg. AUA, SCIA fire, etc) and monitors their obtainment
- Reports with HQ on Security, also through "Gensuite" software
- Collects and manage employee incident/accident reports (near miss, concerns, suggestions, accidents) through QR Code
- Manages meetings with Safety Managers / Department Managers for the monitoring of KPI’s
- Collaborates with other company departments in identifying and correctly managing ESH investments
He/She is authorized to act in the name and on behalf of the company in accordance with the provisions and defined in Policy D 5
- Engineering degree (management, mechanical or equivalent)
- +5 years leading ESH programs or in a similar position
- Qualified to NEBOSH Diploma level or equivalent with extensive H&S Management Experience
- Experience in driving culture change and implementing procedures and best practices
- English fluent
- RSPP Certified
- EN ISO 14001, 45001, 5001 , 9001 standard knowledge (other standards are a plus)
- Knowledge of Legislative Decree 81/2008 and other laws related to the safety and health local legislation
- Good communication skills
- Strong leadership
- internal/lead auditor ISO 14/45001
- Lean, 5S, Behavioural Change and Kaizen
- Incident investigation (taproot, others)
- Willing to travel in Italy at least 50% of the time with the possibility to join European meetings.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.