FINANCE Regional Service Manager - Europe
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The EU Service Manager will drive the day to day service management responsibilities of the GBS operations and plays a key role in setting the service culture for Global Business Services service (GBS). EU Service Manager acts as an owner for all aspects of Service management (ensuring timeliness and completeness of incident/request lifecycle) for Xylems’ Global Business Services group. Components of the Service Manager role includes:
- Service Management for issues/incidents, requests, and questions
- Request Management
- Knowledge Management
- Customer service culture
- Maintaining the GBS Operations Reporting Dashboard
- Business Continuity
- Coaching other critical service infrastructure workstreams (e.g. Talent management and Finance)
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Day to day operations management of incidents (or issues), requests and questions lifecycle enabled through the ServiceNow platform and infrastructure
- Establish a service first culture serving GBS’s clients and customers
- Drive the design of the Service Management phased requirements. Develop the GBS roadmap by leveraging leading practices, monitoring performance metrics, and benchmarking performance across Global Business Services Industry Standards.
- Manage the evaluation, prioritization and reporting of GBS incidents, requests and questions
- Establish the GBS operations dashboard governance meetings. Ensure timely compilation of all GBS issues governance metrics for monthly and quarterly meetings
- Develop the rolling roadmap for building and improving the service management infrastructure
- Manage regular communications and training to retained and delivery teams
- Ability to influence and inspire a cross-functional global team
- Motivate, mentor and teach others the principles and tools of Service management culture with the ability to share examples across end-to-end processes, offer alternatives, and provide constructive feedback to create a culture of continuous improvement throughout Xylem
- The position requires strong collaborative, communication and change management skills
- Work with businesses and other shared service leaders across the organization to proactively identify, prioritize, facilitate and lead service management improvement initiatives
- Act as a coordination point for the Global Process Owners and other functional owners for all aspects of Service Infrastructure
- Operates with integrity, transparency and humility
- Acts as a true company owner to advance the overall interests of Xylem
- Carries a broad global perspective service management trends
- Balances clear strategic thinking and accountability in execution to deliver results
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor's degree required, Accounting or related discipline
- Approximately 7+ years of experience in finance and Shared Services.
- Experience in a global, dynamic and deadline driven environment.
- Experience in process design and implementation experience with ServiceNow and a financial software packages (ERP).
- Demonstrated experience in process management (in particular KPI and benchmarking).
- Experience of working in different international geographical regions preferred.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience in solving issues in the following GBS Finance capabilities – Order to Cash, Record to Report, Procure to Pay, MDM
- Prior ServiceNow experience
- Experience in Process Mapping and Change Management