Test Bed Operative - Apprentice
Date Updated: 14-10-2019
Test Bed Operative - Apprentice
Testing of Pumps and associated equipment.
Reports to (Solid):
Reports to (Dotted):
(General benchmark overview of the position; 1-3 sentences.)
To accurately hydraulically and duty test all Godwin/Xylem pump products to the required standard.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
(Describe benchmark key responsibilities in concise, comprehensive statements.)
- Take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and other persons who may be affected by their acts and omissions.
- Undertake final test and inspection of all pumps prior to dispatch using company approved test procedures.
- Record all test results against pump serial number on test log and data base.
- Pump duty testing and vacuum testing to be carried out on all pumps fitted with prime movers both diesel driven , hydraulically driven and electrically driven units.
- Pump hydraulic and static testing to be carried out on all bare shaft pump units.
- All duty testing on pumps to comply with the respective pump performance data.
- The removal of all waste oils, grease, cleaning fluids, anti- freeze, oily rags etc to the correctly designated disposal area.
- Maintain high level of good house- keeping and actively participate in all continuous improvement and 5’s activities.
- Stock control of all test bed consumables.
- High light and safety concerns to the relevant person
- Work additional overtime hours to accommodate manufacturing schedule.
(Job Function specific; simplified list with link to full description by Career Stage in MyHR.)
- External: Technical support equipment supplies
- Internal: Engineering –Product Support-Research and Development.
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
Minimal education & experience, essential skills & abilities and required license/certification to perform this job.
- GCSE Mathematics-English- Science.
- Full driver’s license.
Additional preferences for a specific position.
- Mechanical engineering apprenticeship.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Good physical health.(Able to lift and maneuver objects up to 15kgs in weight.)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Dust-wet environment-fumes and gases-noise and confined hot environment.
Standard weekly job hours: 38.5 hours
Travel requirement: Requires reliable own transport.
Other local requirement:
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or require that other tasks be performed as required by the business or job circumstances. (for example, but not limited to, personnel changes, technical developments, business needs, etc).
Additional Required Information for Job Evaluation:
Organization Chart (manager to attach):
- Financial responsibility
- Organizational accountability
- Decision making authorities
- Operational impact
Overtime Eligibility: Y/N
Salary Range (provided by Compensation):