Dy. Manager / Manager Design
Doc No. :D/HRD/03
Rev. No. 00
Page 1 of 2
Location : Vadodara, India
Category/Department : WS Engineering
Job Title: Deputy Manager / Manager, Projects
Reports To: Large Pump Leader
Purpose of Position: Capable to Lead Large pump Projects
Summary of the scope of responsibilities
Responsible for design and development of column pump, metallic volute pump, mixed product packaged solution, sound knowledge of pump and experience in pump industry, well familiar with pump standards, material standards, pump testing and manufacturing processes, negotiations with customer and supplier for technical resolution, technical support to sales and marketing to get orders, set processes and systems for smooth execution of projects, build competent team, key team player, result oriented and decision making, effective utilization of resources, good communication and presentation skills, can handle stresses in different working conditions, good hands on Pro-E (3D modelling), good understanding of pump application.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES (Details of the Job Responsibilities)
Responsible for Design and Development for Flygt Column pumps, model pump and Metallic Volute pumps.
Responsible for mixed product packaged solution for dewatering and mining segment
Responsible for Mechanical equipment sizing, selection, evaluation required for Trunkey pump projects.
Responsible for drawing checking and approval for Flygt Column pumps and Metallic Volute pumps
Development of new engineering processes
Customer visit to resolve technical issues
Support to sales team
Responsible for Team building through on job training
Supplier visit to discuss design requirements and new elaborate new process
Responsible for pump Hydraulic component development
Responsible for WS engineering database management
Knowledge of Sump model and pump model study (physical as well as simulation method)
Effective co-ordination with Value centers
ATTRIBUTES AND COMPETENCIES (Details of minimum requirements)
- Minimum Professional/educational qualification and experience:
- BE / ME in Mechanical engineering – Full time.
- Experience Required:
- 12 to 16 years of core experience in pump design and engineering department.
- Well familiar of 3D modeling and manufacturing processes
- Well conversant with different industry standards like ASTM, IS, HIS, JIS etc.
- Important competencies and knowledge required
- Good communication, problem solving technique and presentation skills
- Software: Creo, ERP
- Core Knowledge of column pumps and metallic volute pumps
- Sound technical knowledge and well familiar with manufacturing processes
- Can lead team size of 4 min. resources
- Disciplined at work place
- Skills and Abilities
- A high-energy, self-motivated, results oriented individual
- Key team player
- Strong technical, communication and inter-personal capabilities
- Good Listener
- Good GD & T knowledge
- Problem solving technique
- Good time management
- Decision maker
- Negotiation and presentation skills
- Accept new challenges
- Deliver results
- Take ownership
- Stamina and Adaptability
- Capable of working at high stress level
- Adaptability to work with different work culture, time zones and with different people
- Flexible to work with different system and processes
- Stretch to achieve goals and to follow commitments.
- Maintain work and life balance
- Working Conditions
- Flexible to work at different working conditions
- Travel to customer and supplier visits
- Visit to value centers
- Can handle high stress level
Reviewed and Approved By and Date:Noted By and Date:
Department Head:H R Department:
Note: This job description outlines the essential duties for this position. The Company retains the right change, add to, or eliminate duties and/or positions in order to meet business requirements. The Company will make reasonable accommodations for an applicant or employee who has a disability defined under the provisions of the ADA or other applicable legislation.