Project Manager, Marine
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Responsible for controlling equipment, resources, subcontractors / third parties for the execution of projects
- Ensuring projects are delivered on time.
- Working with team to create cost sheets for standard build products and issuing pricing to sales
- Project Plans for tenders and contract documentation
- Planning purchasing for stock and projects, involving instruction of what needs to be purchased and ensuring deliveries are adhered to
- Costings from suppliers and negotiation where required
- Expediting on suppliers, sub-contractors and internal engineers
- Building of Bills of Material (BOM) onto company ERP system
- Creation of bespoke part numbers
- Project Initiation Documents (PID) for sub suppliers, they then can understand what is required of them, where and when equipment will arrive from to enable smooth planning of building schedules
- Progress reporting for projects
- Quoting lead times to sales on builds and standard buy in products.
- Responsible in working with sub-contractors to meet inspection and delivery schedules
- Backlog reporting
- Determining materials required for building into systems
- Organizing FAT dates with customers and/or third party inspectors
- Taking part in contract review (CRM) on won projects.
- Attending kick of meetings where required
- Visiting suppliers when and where required.
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Developing capability
- Cross-boundary collaboration
- Leading people & teams
- Taking responsibility of projects and contracts
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Related experience.
- Prince2 (ideal)
- Multi tasking
- Taking control and responsibility of projects and/or other situations
- Calm under pressure