1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
Sensus, a Xylem brand, helps a wide range of public service providers – from utilities to cities to industrial complexes and campuses – do more with their infrastructure to improve quality of life in their communities. We enable our customers to reach farther through the application of technology and data-driven insights that deliver efficiency and responsiveness. We partner with them to anticipate and respond to evolving business needs with innovation in sensing and communications technologies, data analytics and services. Learn more at sensus.com and follow @SensusGlobal on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire a Mechanical Engineer for purposes of embracing a team-oriented test-driven development process and will bring experience designing, and implementing hardware solutions using CREO CAD Package
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Brainstorming fixture design concepts and executing design through all phases of the development cycle
- Defining mechanical interface requirements for all manufacturing fixtures
- Defining critical mechanical component outlines for interface and other critical fixture elements
- Generating fixture design mechanical specifications
- Generating dimensional and tolerance analysis to assure fixtures work by design
- Fixture mechanical bring-up, debug, and characterization
- Support Fixture mechanical validation, GR&R, and qualification
- Working closely with Engineering, Manufacturing Test and Product/Process Teams
- Fixture design reviews with the Manufacturing Test Team
- Communicating Fixture design/development status to management
- Documenting known best practices and maintaining a library of proven designs
- Sustaining CAD updates as required on existing designs
- Design and development of custom in-house jigs, fixtures, PCBs and equipment to support HW development work
- Continuously refine and improve hardware, methods, and metrics to reduce product cost and increase test and process performance and outgoing quality levels
- Identify, analyze, and initiate corrective action when fixture design failures are uncovered by the process.
- Strong knowledge of electronic theory, structured hardware fundamentals
- Help set production priorities and direction
- Identify/Implement cost savings opportunities
- Maintain previously developed hardware equipment designs, as required.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelors of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- At least 1-3 years of experience with product/component/Fixture design.
- Familiarity with Manufacturing Automated Test fixtures fabrication.
- Familiarity with common product manufacturing processes Functional test and End-of-Line Test.
- Experience with 3D CAD modeling software and data management tools. Creo (Pro Engineer) and Windchill preferred.
- Experience with tolerance analysis and GD&T. FEA experience a plus.
- Product testing using Fixture Design and root cause analysis skills.
- Ability and desire to work in a fast paced team environment where you will interface regularly with electrical, back-end software, firmware and system test engineers on system level design development.
- Desire and ability to learn new tools, processes and design techniques.
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to convey technical concepts in business terms
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.