Senior Product Manager – Operational Asset Management Software for Water Utilities
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: As a key contributor to the Digital Solutions Product Management Team, you will help lead product teams, ensuring that Xylem utility software solutions meet both customer and business needs. You will work closely with UX, Engineering, and Data Science to understand the pain-points and needs of water professionals, translate user research into prioritized requirements, drive product roadmaps, and deliver projects on time and budget. You will be the glue that binds together multiple distributed teams with different focuses, clients, and priorities, making sure that development stays focused on meeting core user and business needs. You will lead a forward-looking vertical: reliability analysis, forecasting future capital plans, and optimizing field service work.
About you: You are comfortable working with diverse, geographically distributed teams in both large, established organizations and more startup-like environments. You have innate curiosity and deep empathy: by speaking with someone for half an hour, you can understand their core concerns, motivations, and what would be necessary to create value for them. You are passionate about building game-changing software and excited to apply your skills in order to revolutionize how one of the earth’s most precious resources is managed and delivered.
- Work with a diverse array of colleagues and stakeholders to develop a shared, customer-centered vision for integrated utility software solutions.
- Manage roadmaps and prioritized backlogs for a range of Xylem software solutions
- Perform foundational user research to understand client needs and gather product requirements.
- Participate in software product development from conception to launch: work day-to-day with multiple, distributed development teams to oversee the flow of technical work, including participating in routine Agile meetings (standups, sprint planning, etc.)
- Work with Marketing, Sales, and Business Development to formulate go-to-market plans and sales collateral
- Travel as needed (in the US and international)
- Experience working in software solutions for the utility space, particularly within the water sector
- Minimum 4 years of experience in a product management role, with a track record of managing software products from inception to launch
- Familiarity with Agile software development practices
- Familiarity and/or experience with user research (foundational/discoverymethodologies, usability studies, persona development, etc.)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong organization, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Kindness and empathy towards customers andcolleagues – we deeply value our culture of modest awesomeness and hope you can contribute to it!
- Experience working on condition assessment, reliability analysis or capital planning for utilities.
- Experience working with remote/distributed teams across multiple countries and time zones
- Experience working with data-driven products and insights, for example: simulation modeling, route or financial optimizations, or data integrations.
- International experience/exposure: time spent living, working, and/or studying outside of the US
- A technical background (hardware engineering, software development, data science, etc.)
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours (overtime required as needed, at a minimum during quarterly close cycles).
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.