Director of Strategy & Marketing
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: The Director of Strategy & Marketing will be the functional lead for the Assessment Services business line, with specific accountability for the planning and execution of the Assessment Services strategic plan, marketing campaigns and materials. This role will liaise with functional leads in the broader Measurement & Control Solutions business segment as well as marketing leaders across Xylem.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
Market and Competitor Analysis
- Perform market analysis, including market sizing, segmentation, share analysis, industry value chain assessments, and growth and profit potential for various business opportunities.
- Track and analyze global macroeconomic indicators and collaborate with the Assessment Services finance team to gain insights on market performance.
- Maintain an active process for gathering data and competitive insights, and a database of peer performance, including competitors’ quarterly earnings transcripts, financial statements, and investor presentations.
- Accountable for performing financial and strategic analysis supporting both organic and inorganic growth opportunities that align with the Assessment Services strategic objectives.
Strategic Initiatives and Business Development
- Support/Lead the development and execution of new strategic initiatives through external benchmarking, gathering best practices, refining and communicating initiative goals, and measuring the success of the initiatives.
- Lead various new business development opportunities, from market assessment to business case and execution planning, working with cross business-unit teams and external consultants as required.
- Perform market and competitive analyses to supporting the development of Assessment Services acquisition pipeline.
- Lead the development of Assessment Services annual strategic plan by contributing to content development, analysis of strategic initiatives, and modeling of growth projections against stated goals.
- Facilitate and document market size changes through the strategy plan process, consolidate and report total Assessment Services market sizes to the leadership team
- Lead differential metrics analysis, synthesize results, and make strategic recommendations to Assessment Service strategy leader.
- Lead, create and implement lead-generating content such as handbooks (eBooks), guides, webinars, infographics, blog content, and other high-value marketing collateral.
- Serve as the Content Director for all internal industry publications generated by the Xylem Assessment Services marketing team; ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for search and social promotion.
- Work in a collaborative partnership with our creative, events, and product marketing teams to infuse original research into their efforts (e.g. yearly planning and content creation).
- Lead regular content audits for all existing marketing collateral (e.g. handbooks and application notes). Advise product teams on repurposing existing content into other channels such as videos, blog posts, and eBooks.
- Analyze metrics such as new leads/contacts, number of downloads, time on page, video views, and others to determine content effectiveness and incorporate lessons learned into future content creation.
- Implement non-biased customer research surveys that include both qualitative and quantitative results.
- Design and manage select voice of customer (VOC) exercises that target strategic business opportunities, helping to guide the NPD pipeline.
- Engage with marketing and company leadership to share the results of research and bring the voice of the customer into major decisions. Share quarterly market research updates with domestic and international commercial managers.
- Serve as administrator for all market research tools (i.e. XXX) and supply training to users (e.g. Inside Sales) as needed.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree with a minimum of 7-10 years of relevant experience (with technology services strongly preferred).
- Impeccable writing, curating, and editing skills with a keen sense for storytelling.
- Demonstrated excellence for developing different types of content.
- Proficient in Excel with confidence to manipulate, analyze and apply data for both performance analyses and data-driven storytelling.
- Strong understanding of inbound and content marketing strategies, web technologies and end-to-end marketing ecosystems.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, MOZ, and other analytical websites relevant to the position.
- Competent with tools used to generate content (e.g. InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Camtasia).
- Excellent project management skills; ability to coordinate with different people, departments, business units, and agencies.
- Extensive experience with both survey design and running VOC exercises, creating measurable, quantitative and qualitative results.
- Experience translating research into insights that have measurable impact on messaging, product, the business and customer experience.
- Adept at navigating uncertainty and complexity in research where there is no single correct answer and the ability to drive to a finished product amidst this uncertainty.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Travel: 25%