Customer Support Manager
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots.
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative, and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved, and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration, and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Ensures that good customer relations are maintained, and customer claims and complaints are resolved fairly, effectively and in accordance with the laws (for regional team). Develops organization-wide initiatives to proactively inform and educate customers. Develops improvement plans in response to customer surveys.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Guidance Given/Assignments Received
- Assignments are received in task and objective-oriented terms. Provides direction to subordinates based on general policies and management guidance. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
- Interprets and executes policies and procedures that typically affect subordinate organizational units. Recommends modifications to operating policies. Adapts departmental plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges.
- Decisions and problem-solving are guided by policies, procedures, and business plan; receives guidance from senior manager.
- Accomplishes results through lower level subordinate supervisors or through experienced exempt employees who exercise significant latitude and independence in their assignments.
Operations Involvement/Direct Work Involvement
- Responsible for managing and coordinating the operations of the regional team. Administer and balance call workloads. Develop and monitor the application of operating systems including policies and procedures, operating structure, and information flow.
- Ensure the volume of work produced meets product/service standards and exceeds quality standards.
- Develop and implement Customer Support indicators/metrics in order to assure excellence in Customer Support. Defines continuous improvement strategy for the regional team.
- Ensures that good customer relations are maintained, and customer claims and complaints are resolved fairly, effectively and in accordance with the laws (for regional team). Develops organization-wide initiatives to proactively inform and educate customers.
- Develops improvement plans in response to customer surveys.
- Majority of liaison is on internal basis with subordinates and managers at equivalent level or one level higher. Liaison normally involves a combination of ensuring day-to-day success of the Customer Support team and operational continuous improvement activities.
- Manages professional employees and/or supervisors or supervises large, complex customer support team(s). Has accountability for the performance and results of a regional team
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- 5-7+ Years relevant experience including 1-3+ Years in Management with a college or university degree and has conceptual knowledge of fundamental theories, principles, and practices.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
- Light lifting of 20-25 pounds
- Moderate physical demand and limited exposure to shop elements
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility or customer job site
- Regularly required to listen, talk to, and see employees and customers on a daily basis
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- General office environment and use of phone and computer equipment.
- Travel as required to fulfill the duties listed above or as required by the Company.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.