Master Data Management Application Developer
The role of the Master Data Management Application Developer is to support key business software applications and plan, design, develop, and launch efficient business systems in support of core organizational functions and business processes. This role serves as a technical expert in the design, development, coding, testing, and debugging of new applications or complex enhancements to existing ones.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Develop, maintain and nurture a positive IT/Internal Customer relationship.
- Lead development projects from inception through completion, working independently and interfacing with senior organization employees.
- Maintain and manage Informatica MDM business rules and related integrations/interfaces.
- Gather and analyze data in support of the business cases, proposed projects and systems requirements.
- Develop complex, detailed functional designs for new business requirements.
- Develop complex solutions per functional specifications using APIs, open interfaces, integration communication channels and transformational applications (AWS, AZURE, etc.)
- Understand the existing Master Data Management architecture and support various interfaces between MDM Informatica and other business units or applications.
- Work with key members in domestic and international locations, to identify and resolve application issues, system enhancements and new user requirements.
- Develop test scripts and perform in-depth tests, including system and integration, for modified and new systems, and other post-implementation support.
- Provide support documentation, training of super users or supporting application users on error resolution and use of any new or enhanced development in MDM informatica
- Perform root cause analysis and debugging of program and errors generated to a resolution
- For assigned projects and task, assure all objectives are widely communicated and clearly understood for resourcing, timing, dependencies and reporting of issues or training requirements are shared with your manager.
- Analytical decision making
- Influential communication
- Business focused delivery
- Inspiring accountability
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Project management
- Cross-boundary collaboration
- Managing change
- Design Excellence
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed
- Good listener, assertiveness & stress management
- Planning & prioritizing work
- Proven analytical and problem-solving ability
- Xylem applications and support teams
- Informatica Technical Support
- All other application development and support groups
- Functional stakeholders of the application and services supported
- Senior IT leadership
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor Degree in MIS or CS preferred, with 5 years of experience, or a Graduate Degree (Masters) in MIS or CS preferred, with 4 - 6 years of experience, or relevant and equivalent business or IT experience.
- Deep technical knowledge of Informatica MDM and all its related components including IDQ
- Conversant in English language
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing, interact with all levels of co-works, manage multiple priorities, interpret and apply policies and procedures appropriately.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret user requirements, functional documentation and for Informatica applications.
- Demonstrate ability to organize, lead and have sound decision making skills.
- Strong knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies
- Understanding of Software Development Lifecycle methodologies as adopted by the organization
- Excellent interpersonal skills including written and verbal communications
- Ability to conduct research into software related issues and products
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is generally conducted in an office environment.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk and reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently required to communicate orally.
- Ability to use hands and fingers dexterously to operate office equipment.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Employee use of personal protective equipment (PPE) may be required in certain situations.
- Employee must comply with all local regulations and published Company work rules as well as written instructions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office: Florescent lighting, dust, recycled air, cooling fans, semi-enclosed areas, central heating, seasonal warmer temperatures and office noise
- Shop: In locations with a factory or shop floor, exposure to factory/shop and machinery.
Standard weekly job hours:
- 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday during local office hours
- Collaboration with global teams may require participation in teleconferences outside of local office hours
- Support of business critical systems will require occasional availability or work outside of local office hours, including weekends and holidays
Although no regularly scheduled travel is required, domestic or international travel will be occasionally required in support of specific projects or activities.
Other local requirement:
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or require that other tasks be performed as required by the business or job circumstances. (for example, but not limited to, personnel changes, technical developments, business needs, etc).