1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Assemble turbine pumps of some complexity. Read and interpret formal orders and bills of materials. Use hand power tools to do miscellaneous duties as assigned. Fabricate wooden crates and skids for pumps and components. Paint pumps using standard and special paints. Support and comply with all safety and 5S requirements related to the position.
- Assemble turbine pumps of some complexity.
- Read and interpret formal orders and BOM's.
- Work from assembly drawings and layouts.
- Use hand power tools
- Fabricate wooden crates & skids for pumps and components.
- Mark crates per the order instructions.
- Check orders for accuracy.
- Provide wt's and dims to the export coordinator.
- Paint pumps using standard & special paints.
- Support and comply with all safety and 5S requirements of the position.
- Perform other misc duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED plus 1 year of shop related experience.
- Should be able to read complex drawings and diagrams, use scale, calipers and other measuring instruments.
- Use shop arithmetic. Should have general knowledge of complete range of pumps made at the operation.
- Minimum of 12 months experience in assembly, testing, painting, & crating is needed and must be competent in material handling using forklifts and cranes is preferred.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Heavy lifting up to 50 pounds
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about work site. Use of power tools.
- Regularly required to listen, talk to, and see employees on a daily basis.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Outdoor work environment, exposure to various elements
- Must be able to work Monday - Saturday ( hours can flex ranging from 5:00am to 5:00pm)
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.