1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: The Network Specialist role is to architect, plan, implement, troubleshoot and issue resolution of existing and future network infrastructures to deliver best-in-class network performance. The infrastructure includes network LAN/WAN (switches, routers), WLAN and VoIP. The successful candidate must be problem solver, self-starter, work with limited supervision, a team player and able to clearly communicate with other team members, management and user community and effectively work with external vendors and technology partners.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Directs, manages and administers the operational of data and VoIP systems.
- Analyze business requirements to develop technical network solutions and their framework.
- Provide design, engineering and architectural support to manage the network infrastructure including technical requirements, analysis, design and implementation of WAN, LAN, WLAN, SD-WAN, SDN and VoIP.
- Install, configure, administer and maintain all Cisco Network switches and routers.
- Provide level-2/3 network support including system monitoring and troubleshooting to resolve issues.
- Engineer, document and implement LAN, WAN and WLAN solutions.
- Analyze existing operations and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the infrastructure and IT global systems.
- Provide input to approve purchase of supplier equipment per standards.
- Manage technology vendors and partners.
- Participate in system acceptance testing and change management process.
- Manage the operational related projects.
- Perform rigorous problem root cause analysis, focusing on lessons learned to improve processes.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent experience) in Computer Sciences, Systems Engineering or related major.
- Equivalent of 5-8 years of relevant experience architecting, designing, installing and maintaining network systems defined by job posting.
- CCNP certification or equivalent is a plus.
- Advanced experience with multivendor global enterprise environment.
- Advanced experience in architecting large scale global networks and documentation.
- Knowledge of SDN and SD-WAN.
- Intermediate experience in VoIP and SIP design and support.
- Intermediate experience in Cisco Unified Communication Manager and Cisco Unity Connection.
- Advanced experience and understanding of OSI or TCP/IP model.
- Advanced experience and understanding of dynamic routing (BGP and OSPF).
- Working experience and understanding in technical areas: Networking Protocols/Services BGP, OSPF, IPSec, GRE, HSRP/VRRP, NAT/PAT, SNMP, MPLS, VoIP, SIP, VPLS, QoS, T1, DS3, Ethernet, Firewalls, SDN , SDA and Cisco DNA.
- Excellent technical abilities and working experience of Cisco network infrastructure.
- Knowledge of wireless protocols (802.11) and Cisco Wireless Controllers.
- Preferred experience in network load balancers.
- Project management skills, ability to manage time and complex tasks, and working knowledge of SLAs and Metrix.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectivity with a wide range of constituencies to communicate technical information and non-technical personnel.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.